Weird issue with SNES game

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
cachaito

Weird issue with SNES game

Post by cachaito »

Hi guys! I received SNES game called Legend (SNSP-6L-UKV). Game's PCB board inside looks good, pins are not weared. So I put it into my unit, signal on monitor was catched, but black silent screen remained. I tried to fit cartridge couple times without effect then I hit a reset button and... game started!

That's not the end of surprises: I checked my other console unit and on second unit game works from the start!
Ok, what's weird here?
1) they're the same board 1CHIP revisions: SNSP-CPU-1CHIP-02
2) connector in both are very troughly cleaned. I'd even say that working one has visually much worse looking connector.
3) This reset bothers me - why after resetting the game starts on one console?

If anyone had same experience with Legend or other SNES games like me? What can be issue in SNES consoles except connector, that can produce this weird effect?

Best regards,
Bart
Last edited by cachaito on Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SCARTicus

Re: Weird issue with SNES game

Post by SCARTicus »

It's a feature.

~Homer
cachaito

Re: Weird issue with SNES game

Post by cachaito »

SCARTicus wrote:It's a feature.

~Homer
Hahaha :D
I tried to find an instruction booklet for this game to check is there a secret combination of resetting the game or whatever but no trace of scans for that title. I've found nice guide on GameFaqs (https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/snes/5884 ... faqs/19244) where is nothing extraordinary.
Nevertheless on second console unit starts game from the start so I think issue lays somewhere else.