What are some options for software engineers?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
rocky22

What are some options for software engineers?

Post by rocky22 »

That's exactly what occurred. I'm going to a partial hospitalisation programme because the industry broke me. I'm learning that I despise engineering while I'm there. What other fields have you or someone you know made the switch to?
Josh128

Re: What are some options for software engineers?

Post by Josh128 »

Can you elaborate just a bit on why you hate it / worst things about it? Ive heard similar horror stories about depression etc. regarding programming / coding jobs. Serious question because my son plans to pursue a degree in software engineering. Thanks and I hope everything works out for you.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

I'm 99% sure this is one of those spam accounts that makes their first post by making a copy of an existing post from years ago, but I can't find the original...I did, however, a find a Reddit post from three days ago with almost the same wording.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

For that matter, how would the software development industry cause you such physical trauma as to require hospitalization? We're not talking physical labour here. Though I could see allowing yourself to become so overworked as the cause health issues.
Sumez

Post by Sumez »

Ghegs wrote:I'm 99% sure this is one of those spam accounts
That's exactly what occurred.
Josh128

Post by Josh128 »

Last edited by Josh128 on Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh128

Post by Josh128 »

lol strange shit. Skynet is waking soon.
orange808

Post by orange808 »

Guspaz wrote:For that matter, how would the software development industry cause you such physical trauma as to require hospitalization? We're not talking physical labour here. Though I could see allowing yourself to become so overworked as the cause health issues.
Not much stress free work to be found. Most of us sit too much, though. Not good for the heart.

Since OP isn't taking us seriously, I suggest basket weaver, cobbler, hatter, glass blower, or Tic Toc creator.
We apologise for the inconvenience