What is the best way to sell used hardware?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Ronin

What is the best way to sell used hardware?

Post by Ronin »

I’m looking to sell a used monitor and wanted to know if there were any methods of sale in particular that people would recommend. I have considered putting it on ebay, but I imagine the shipping will cost a lot (it’s a Sony BVM 20-F1U, so very heavy), so I thought about looking for some place locally that buys used electronics, but I am not sure what kind of place would buy old broadcast monitors.

I thought I would check here and see if anyone has had any luck with any particular avenue of sale. Is ebay the way to go? Are there any kind of stores that would buy a used broadcast monitor? Should I try posting in the For Sale thread here on this site?

Any recommendations would be much appreciated! :mrgreen:
Osirus

Re: What is the best way to sell used hardware?

Post by Osirus »

I've used Craigslist for old monitors. Sell local with no shipping or packaging.
Josh128

Re: What is the best way to sell used hardware?

Post by Josh128 »

Facebook marketplace. Its the new Craigslist, currently the best and cheapest way to sell local. I buy and sell like crazy on there, its set up really nice and you get instant notifications when people are interested. Its how I picked up my New Open Box 32" LG QHD monitor for $175 yesterday. I just listed my FHD 24" monitor like two minutes ago. Bought 2 36" Trinitron Wegas for a combined $50 from there in the past year.