PS2 Mechapwn and Universal FMCB/Fortuna

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Syntax

PS2 Mechapwn and Universal FMCB/Fortuna

Post by Syntax »

I was playing with FMCB Multi install and Funtuna after realizing that 90000 series PS2 cant use normal FMCB, I didnt think you could just mash them together on one card and have it work but it does. One card between my fats and slims is nice.

I made a memory card image of FMCB Noobs Multi install+Funtuna with some extra tools like PS1 video fix (Region Negator 50/60hz fix), OPL latest daily and Memory Card Tool.
I changed Funtuna shortcuts to only point to its patched apps, all other apps can be easily updated in the APPS folder.

Combined with mechapwn on a USB (sadly too big to fit on the memory card) you can pretty easily make ANY PS2 region free and play all hard and soft backups without a modchip and PS1 backups at their correct speed using the PS1 video fix app.
(Must be a mechapwn compatible PS2) (My 90002 PS2 had to be DEX'd to a 90001 to play all PS1 hard backups)

Just copy the included memory card backup with the memory card tool on a real PS2, then use it to run mechapwn and enjoy your entire collection on one system, you only really need to use FMCB for starting PS1 backups at the correct refresh rate or playing PS2 backups :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15XkgkC ... sp=sharing
Syntax

Re: PS2 Mechapwn and Universal FMCB/Fortuna

Post by Syntax »

Yeah its something whack after patching to the ntsc DEX.
I don't have a scart right now so I can't check syncrate but the tv hates it, keeps having to resize the pic.

And ps2 backups won't work via ule on any DEX
It may be my modbo 5.0 not disabling fully.
I made a ticket.
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 »

I'm a little out of the loop here- so FMCB works on the latest model super-slim PS2's with the built-in power supply now? Is it through this Funtuna thing or MechaPwn?
PS1 Disc-Based Game ID BIOS patch for MemCard Pro and SD2PSX automatic VMC switching.
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

Yes. Through fortuna.
Funtuna is a more user friendly version.

You simply enter the memory card menu , browse the memory card the exit and bam fmcb is on.
X X O O.