PVM 1943MD Adjument Help

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Tempest_2084

PVM 1943MD Adjument Help

Post by Tempest_2084 »

I have a PVM 1943MD that is in need of some adjustment. The geometry is okish, but it needs some tweaks. Can someone tell me what adjusts I should be looking at based off these pictures? Right now I can tell that the yoke needs to be rotated a smidgen and the image moved up a bit, but beyond that I'm not sure what to do to fix the other issues such as with the sides (pincushion maybe?). Or is this pretty good and I shouldn't mess with it?

SNES Grid

Genesis Grid

Also, I have a pair of Bose 2.2 Series II speakers that go with an old stereo system I have. I'd like to use the speakers in conjunction with the PVM, but I don't know if they're shielded or not. Can anyone tell me if these speakers are safe to put next to the PVM? They look like this:

Tempest_2084

Re: PVM 1943MD Adjument Help

Post by Tempest_2084 »

To answer my own question on the speakers, no they're not shielded. The manual recommends keeping them 2 ft away from the TV, but in my experiments I didn't see any hint of interference until I got within 5-6 inches. Can you be magnetizing the screen without it showing right away?