Portable monitor experience / recommendations?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Jasonbartfast

Portable monitor experience / recommendations?

Post by Jasonbartfast »

I've been looking into getting one of those small portable monitors that seem to be everywhere these days, but I'm having trouble finding much reliable information on them. It seems that all of the ones that have positive reviews from brands I trust also have high response rates (10 - 15ms), and there are a ton of random cheapo models out of China about which I'm rather suspicious.

A company named G-Story was making units aimed at gamers with ultra-low response times (1-2ms), but their products seem sold-out everywhere. I've found a few 3rd party sellers on Amazon and NewEgg selling them out of China but the sellers are generally poorly-reviewed.

Does anyone have any particular models they would recommend? Any experience to share? Any concrete info would be much appreciated.

(I realize these things aren't ideal compared to a usual gaming monitor, but I live in a small apartment so the size is actually a selling point for me.)

TIA!
xeos

Re: Portable monitor experience / recommendations?

Post by xeos »

I actually reviewed one. Selected at random, so I have no idea how representative it is.

https://alantechreview.blogspot.com/202 ... nitor.html