OSSC Intermittent Black Screen

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
TheNintendad64

OSSC Intermittent Black Screen

Post by TheNintendad64 »

Hey all,

I was hoping to get some ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue or to find out if it just might be expected behavior. My setup is as follows: I have my original SNES running to a gscartsw via scart cable from retrogamingcables.com. From there, I have one scart cable running out to my PVM-20L5 and the second scart out is running to my OSSC. From there, the OSSC is ran to my Elgato HD60S which I use to stream and capture gameplay.

The issue I am noticing is that over a 3-4 hour capture session or stream the video from the SNES will go black for a split second before returning. The behavior is not seen on the TV, only through the OSSC footage that is being captured. It is also extremely intermittent and there does not seem to be any consistency as to when it will happen. I would say that on a 3 hour capture it might only happen 1-3 times. Because of how rarely it happens and the fact that I have no real way to make it happen on demand I am unsure as to if there are any tricks I can try to resolve it or if its really even worth it to start tinkering. It is certainly an issue I can live with as it doesn't even impact me while looking at the TV but was just curious as I am still new to this stuff and trying to learn. The only settings I have changed from stock on the OSSC is the I have it set to 2x line. The only other piece of info that I can think that might be useful is that the HDMI running from the OSSC to the Elgato is about 15ft, so on the longer side. Thanks for any advice!
Kez

Re: OSSC Intermittent Black Screen

Post by Kez »

Does it happen with any other systems than SNES? And does your SNES have a sync dejitter mod?