Pc Engine White - Video Noise

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Thamiel

Pc Engine White - Video Noise

Post by Thamiel »

Hey guys, bought an untested PC Engine from ebay. Recapped and did the jailbar fix. Fired it up with an Insurrection Industries Sparkplug and MD2 Scart cable and am getting a lot of video interference. Kind of lost as to what it could be. Any ideas?ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Thamiel

Re: Pc Engine White - Video Noise

Post by Thamiel »

Bump
Kez

Post by Kez »

Some PC Engines are just noisy!

Could be worth trying a different PSU, a Triad if you've got one but at least some OEM 9V like maybe an MD1.

Also check your SCART cable. If it's sync on composite you might have better results with a CSYNC cable.

Also, did you definitely change the right caps when you did the jailbar fix? I recall when I did mine (years ago) the site I followed listed the wrong caps and made it way worse. I was able to fix it by changing them back and swapping the caps listed on the console5 wiki instead.
NoAffinity

Post by NoAffinity »

^that

I lived with video noise for years on my pce cg2, figured I just had a noisy unit. I finally traced back my steps on the jailbar fix and found I had done it wrong for my particular unit - replaced one cap that shouldn't have been replaced, and didnt replace one that should have been. Once I corrected it, the image is perfect.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk