MemCard Pro & XStation

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
LukeEvansSimon

MemCard Pro & XStation

Post by LukeEvansSimon »

The XStation is amazing, especially with a 1TB SD card. My MemCard Pro arrived today and I can't get the MemCard Pro to work with the XStation.

My XStation is a SCPH-5501 and it is using the XStation firmware 1.1.0. The MemCard Pro's OLED screen never lights up and in games or the Playstation memory manager, the MemCard Pro is not detected. I have dozens of memory cards (OEM and aftermarket), and they all work in both memory card slots. So I don't think it is the memory card slots that are the issue.

I then tried my MemCard Pro with an unmodded SCPH-5501 and it works! So I updated the MemCard Pro firmware to 1.0.0-beta1, and then I tried it again with my XStation. Again, the MemCard Pro does not even appear to power on. Any help would be appreciated. The XStation is so good that I don't want to go back to Playstation CDs, but I was hoping to get the benefits of the MemCard Pro too.
fernan1234

Re: MemCard Pro & XStation

Post by fernan1234 »

I'd try asking over at the official MemCard Pro channel on Discord: https://discord.com/channels/4188959132 ... 3360344064
The 8bitmods account posts there frequently.
LukeEvansSimon

Post by LukeEvansSimon »

fernan1234 wrote:I'd try asking over at the official MemCard Pro channel on Discord: https://discord.com/channels/4188959132 ... 3360344064
The 8bitmods account posts there frequently.
Thanks. I have cross posted there.
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

Try swapping or reseating the cable that goes from the motherboard to the controller block.
RoboArmy

Post by RoboArmy »

People are probably going to be mad at me for asking this but is there ANY reason why the xstation couldn't have SD <-> memcard transfer capabilities at all, aside from this existing?

I was really looking forward to retire my PS2 for that, but I guess not...
darcagn

Post by darcagn »

RoboArmy wrote:People are probably going to be mad at me for asking this but is there ANY reason why the xstation couldn't have SD <-> memcard transfer capabilities at all, aside from this existing?

I was really looking forward to retire my PS2 for that, but I guess not...
rama is adding this functionality:
ramapcsx2 wrote:There will be a memory card manager of sorts soon'ish, but we'll have to see what features there'll be :)
People shouldn't be mad for you asking. The MemCard Pro looks really awesome but it also seems like overengineered hardware for a problem that could have been 95% solved in software for free. It is really cool though and I can't blame PSX diehards for picking one up regardless.
But for me, I'll just pick up a spare plain memory card to use as scratch and move saves to and from SD.
siopoudis

Post by siopoudis »

LukeEvansSimon wrote:The XStation is amazing, especially with a 1TB SD card. My MemCard Pro arrived today and I can't get the MemCard Pro to work with the XStation.

My XStation is a SCPH-5501 and it is using the XStation firmware 1.1.0. The MemCard Pro's OLED screen never lights up and in games or the Playstation memory manager, the MemCard Pro is not detected. I have dozens of memory cards (OEM and aftermarket), and they all work in both memory card slots. So I don't think it is the memory card slots that are the issue.

I then tried my MemCard Pro with an unmodded SCPH-5501 and it works! So I updated the MemCard Pro firmware to 1.0.0-beta1, and then I tried it again with my XStation. Again, the MemCard Pro does not even appear to power on. Any help would be appreciated. The XStation is so good that I don't want to go back to Playstation CDs, but I was hoping to get the benefits of the MemCard Pro too.
It sounds like your controller port 7.5v fuse is blown. You probably don't have any rumble in analog controllers either. You'll need to replace that for MemCard Pro to work.
https://8BitMods.co.uk - Plenty of mod kits and consoles available for UK and EU