Ultracade UVC and DreamCast downscale to 240p

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
SNK-NEO-GEO

Ultracade UVC and DreamCast downscale to 240p

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

Hello all.. I have an ultracade UVC and would like to use with with a DreamCast and downscale from 480p to 240p..I have the bros VGAboxes but they(toro, etc) don’t work with the UVC.. there are a few VGA box on eBay. Which DreamCast VGA box do you guys recommend for the best picture and performance..Thanks
The Future Is Now
SCARTicus

Re: Ultracade UVC and DreamCast downscale to 240p

Post by SCARTicus »

Have you tried a cheap VGA cable, rather than a full blown fancy box? I bought a handmade VGA (with RCA audio) cable off of eBay for less than $20. It produces a beautiful image, and I cannot detect any imperfections or noise.

I also want to mention that Dreamcast titles, even 2D arcade ports, look fantastic in 480p. That is how I play Garou:MOTW, and notably, Guilty Gear is drawn at 640x480 and is far more impressive in 480p.
SNK-NEO-GEO

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

Scarticus - thanks for the feedback.. I see one on ebay $14.. I will give it a try..480p looks great but I need to downscale to 240p for a mini cab with a 15khz arcade monitor.
The Future Is Now
opt2not

Post by opt2not »

Get the cheap clear case VGA Box

This one works better with the UVC. I have the Toro and it doesn’t like the UVC. This VGA Box has no problem with it. Clearer, bright image.
Th toro comes out dim and has sync issues with the UVC.
SNK-NEO-GEO

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

thanks for the reply opt2nnot.. I will give the cable a try first and the move to those clear cases which price wise do not look attractive on ebay.
The Future Is Now