What remote will work with Extron MVX switchers?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
oldgamer

What remote will work with Extron MVX switchers?

Post by oldgamer »

Hi all.

I am looking to find a remote control for the Extron MVX switcher, but the official model, the IR-501, never seems to show up for buy.

Is there some alternative to the IR-501 remote? Maybe some other Extron remote can also work?

What else can I do?
maxtherabbit

Re: What remote will work with Extron MVX switchers?

Post by maxtherabbit »

I use a Logitech Harmony to control mine
oldgamer

Post by oldgamer »

maxtherabbit wrote:I use a Logitech Harmony to control mine
Which exact harmony model do you use?

Can the Harmony do everything the original does? Do you feel it lacks anything in functionality?

I imagine you have to program it to work with the MVX (it being such a non consumer device), or does it happen to just work?
maxtherabbit

Post by maxtherabbit »

oldgamer wrote:

Can the Harmony do everything the original does? Do you feel it lacks anything in functionality?

I imagine you have to program it to work with the MVX (it being such a non consumer device), or does it happen to just work?
mine is the harmony 600 - no manual programming was required, the extron is listed in the setup software for the remote

I don't have an original remote to compare it to, but it appears to offer total control with no missing features
Dochartaigh

Post by Dochartaigh »

maxtherabbit wrote:mine is the harmony 600 - no manual programming was required, the extron is listed in the setup software for the remote
I'm new to the Harmony remotes (like programmed mine once then it's sat in a drawer for like the last year lol), but I just tried to pull this up on the myHarmony desktop app and nothing showed up for "Extron MVX". The trick seems to be to make sure you type the FULL name for the "Device Model Number" - on a whim I tried ""MVX 44 VGA A" and it pulled it right up.
oldgamer

Post by oldgamer »

maxtherabbit wrote:
oldgamer wrote:

mine is the harmony 600 - no manual programming was required, the extron is listed in the setup software for the remote

I don't have an original remote to compare it to, but it appears to offer total control with no missing features
harmony remote it is then!

Thank you for answering.