Seimitsu LSX-NOBI-01 Standard/Pro Edition Joystick

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Lazy-Assed Prophet

Seimitsu LSX-NOBI-01 Standard/Pro Edition Joystick

Post by Lazy-Assed Prophet »

https://focusattack.com/seimitsu-lsx-no ... -joystick/
Team Yamasa's Nakayama 'Nobi' Daichi - a WCG 2011 Tekken 6 Champion, 2015 EVO Champion for Tekken 7, and 2015 King of Iron Fist Tournament Champion - is considered one of the strongest Tekken Dragunov players from Japan. Seimitsu has teamed up with Nobi to develop a Tekken specialized joystick lever that is quite unique in both look and feel.
The Bullet lever handle is the most notable at 29mm, with height at 45mm. Its shape is unlike anything seen before.

The restrictor plate in both Standard and Pro models are designed for smooth transition across the corners. Much like the OTTO DIY V5 Upgrade Kit for Sanwa JLF and Hori Hayabusa and the KOWAL Hayabusa Octopus Octagonal Restrictor Plate (2016 Model), it allows the actuator to hug the corners.

The shaft does not rotate in the joystick body. This is especially helpful to 2P side Tekken players whole inputs are often affected by the joystick rotation, since they cannot take advantage of the left wrist joint structure inherent in the winglass grip style. The shaft is specially coated with black nickel.
So, do you think this stick would be good for SHMUPS? thoughts?
digitron

Re: Seimitsu LSX-NOBI-01 Standard/Pro Edition Joystick

Post by digitron »

As a battop and Seimitsu fan I think it would be fun to try, I would lean towards the "Std" version with squircle gate. Only thing I'm unsure of is the actuation distance? My go-to stick is a LS-56 with a battop but this Nobi lever would be fun to try since the shaft doesn't spin.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

So this has been available for a little bit.. anyone here bite the bullet and check it out (I wasn't even thinking of the pun)..? Certainly looks like there are some interesting choices in what they did, but it's not impulse-priced as far as levers go, that's for sure -
Lazy-Assed Prophet

bigbadboaz wrote:So this has been available for a little bit.. anyone here bite the bullet and check it out (I wasn't even thinking of the pun)..? Certainly looks like there are some interesting choices in what they did, but it's not impulse-priced as far as levers go, that's for sure -
I per-ordered the standard version. I also bought a circle gate and i think I'll buy the heavier spring tension for it on arcade shock. Due to covid, I'm still waiting on my shipment, I'll post up my thoughts on it when I finally get my hands on it.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Cool! Curious, why not just order the pro version and have tighter tension out of the box?
Lazy-Assed Prophet

bigbadboaz wrote:Cool! Curious, why not just order the pro version and have tighter tension out of the box?
I finally got it! Here is my thoughts:

I heard the Standard was more of an "all rounder" so I went with that. The circle gate that Focus Attack said would fit the nobi stick does not.

Let's start with Cons:

- It feels like an Seimitsu LS-40 which I already have
- Price, 60 bucks is a tad high for me, especially when I already own a 40 and a 32, both together cost 20 bucks less.
- I don't see a huge benefit for shmup gaming, maybe i need more time with it.

Pro time:

- it doesn't twist/roll which makes pulling moves off easier in fighting games. Maybe it's all in my head and a placebo, don't know, don't care, i love it!!
- THE BAT TOP IS AWESOME! I'm a bat-top guy and this is the BEST BAT TOP I EVER USED. Bonus - you can twist it off and use it it on other joysticks, 32,40? Yes and it even works on my JLF stick! Seimitsu should start selling this bat-top by itself for bat-top players.
- It's easy install, my ls-32 and ls-40 needs extra steps to install in my Mayflash f500, this Nobi stick is easy install like a JLF
- The gate is a mixture of a square and circle, i like it!
- Comes with two dust covers, thank you!
- The way that the bat-top is design, like a bullet, it lets you use a wine glass grip that feels comfortable compared to a regular bat-top.

In conclusion, This stick imo is awesome for fighting games. The bat-top is a game changer for me. I might buy the pro version just to see the difference and have another battop.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

The lack of twist in the shaft has always sounded great, and the top looks nice too. I did not expect it to be easily removeable! I bet we will in fact see it sold separately. Not for a while, though, I'm sure.
autoNamed

Post by autoNamed »

I stuck the pro version in my RAP N today and played a bunch of DOJ BL. This lever is amazing for shmups. It feels like every movement is more decisive and crisp as the the topper does not rotate in your hand, so the bit of play on a normal lever is translated into increased input accuracy on the Nobi. Also the bullet top may be the best I've ever used, the ergonomics are very good and it feels great in the hand.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Sounds great.. how tight would you describe this "high tension" spring compared to some others?
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

I can't imagine a non-rotating stick working well for anything... Too bad I won't get the chance of testing this before buying it just out of curiousity...
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

Wow, how is that? I hear complaints about shafts spinning in the hand all the time. Stability would only seem to be a good thing -
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

Well, I couldn't explain exactly why. I've used a lot a non-rotating stick before (the Arcade Power Stick for the Megadrive, I think) and the experience was always bad, more than anything, due to it, no matter the genre.

I wonder, if the shaft and the bat-top are fixed, wouldn't the latter need an asymmetrical form factor so that your grip is optimal?