shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:43 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Re: N64Digital
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:11 pm 

Did preorders actually go live, or are they just sell out that quickly?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:15 pm 

nmalinoski wrote:
Did preorders actually go live, or are they just sell out that quickly?

The site crashed at 10:00 and was unresponsive until after 10:20. I got my order in at 10:28, and then they announced it was sold out by 10:52.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:34 pm 

I wish there had been a comprehensive video showcasing all the menu settings in action, or a full review by early testers like with the RT5X. That makes pre-ordering stuff like this an easier, more informed decision.

At least this launch is likely to provide useful lessons to PixelFx ahead of the launch of their next product, the Morph, which will definitely have a lot more demand than this one.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:44 pm 

fernan1234 wrote:
I wish there had been a comprehensive video showcasing all the menu settings in action, or a full review by early testers like with the RT5X. That makes pre-ordering stuff like this an easier, more informed decision.

At least this launch is likely to provide useful lessons to PixelFx ahead of the launch of their next product, the Morph, which will definitely have a lot more demand than this one.

At least we got the install video, but I agree. I also plan to buy the Morph, so they really should figure it out by then. I think we’ll have had several waves of 5X orders by then, so hopefully that will taper off demand a bit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:04 pm 

They said the reason they didn’t publish much information on it was to somewhat curtail demand as they anticipated it would be a feeding frenzy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:09 pm 

bahamutfan64 wrote:
They said the reason they didn’t publish much information on it was to somewhat curtail demand as they anticipated it would be a feeding frenzy.

I don't think the logic is very sound there on more than one front to be honest. Anyway, those of us who held out for now will hopefully have a chance to get more info ahead of the next batches.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 4:49 pm 

fernan1234 wrote:
bahamutfan64 wrote:

I don't think the logic is very sound there on more than one front to be honest. Anyway, those of us who held out for now will hopefully have a chance to get more info ahead of the next batches.

Yeah, this kind of thing is leading to a "buy first, ask questions later" behavior for electronics for me, since everything has a fantastic resale value these days if I'm not happy with it.

I did manage to snag an N64Digital, and I'm sure I'll be happy with it though. I already know what to expect, having the DCDigital, PS1Digital, etc. It's just going to be that, but more mature and polished I imagine.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:14 pm 

Yeah it's hard to lose gambling on these things nowadays. If I didn't have an N64Advanced board already I would have jumped on it no questions asked, but without proper reviews and comparisons I can't even be sure if this is of any advantage, even if it is on paper.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:36 pm 

fernan1234 wrote:
Yeah it's hard to lose gambling on these things nowadays. If I didn't have an N64Advanced board already I would have jumped on it no questions asked, but without proper reviews and comparisons I can't even be sure if this is of any advantage, even if it is on paper.

I bought completely on their track record with the GC, Wii, and DC digital solutions.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:44 pm 

I think these have begun shipping? I was charged several days ago and have a USPS notice of a package inbound from Philly, PA.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:43 am 

anexanhume wrote:
I think these have begun shipping? I was charged several days ago and have a USPS notice of a package inbound from Philly, PA.

Did your status change to shipped on your PixelFX account? Anyone have their shipped yet?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:41 pm 

caivs wrote:
anexanhume wrote:

Did your status change to shipped on your PixelFX account? Anyone have their shipped yet?

No it turned out to be something else. They said they’d begin shipping this week. I did see the charge clear last week, though.

Offline Profile