Gateway 2000 destination big screen pc monitor service menu?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
bugeye

Gateway 2000 destination big screen pc monitor service menu?

Post by bugeye »

i have had this monitor for some time and is a very large crt pc monitor made in the mid 90s for the gateway pcs. it is the lesser size of the 2 that were made. i have read that there was a mouse with a remote built in but i do not have that (monitor only). the monitor has one vga input only on the back and is not 15hz compatible after testing. i don't know if it can be modded/enabled for 15hz. i have tried dreamcast vga, gamecube 480p and a dos gaming pc and it looks pretty good. the only issue is the screen is tilted some.

this may be a long shot but is there a way to a possible service menu to do a screen tilt?
Josh128

Re: Gateway 2000 destination big screen pc monitor service m

Post by Josh128 »

It doesnt have an OSD menu? How'd you display GC 480p on it considering GC doesnt put out VGA? You wont be able to convert it to display 15KHz. You'll need an external scan converter for that.
bugeye

Re: Gateway 2000 destination big screen pc monitor service m

Post by bugeye »

Josh128 wrote:It doesnt have an OSD menu? How'd you display GC 480p on it considering GC doesnt put out VGA? You wont be able to convert it to display 15KHz. You'll need an external scan converter for that.
the tilt is something i can live with as it not too awkward. i was trying to see if there was someone who knew more about these monitors and a way to set rotation but it seems the same as other crt pc monitors with no hidden menu.

i have a vga modded component gamecube cable and i enable 480p on the games. i also have a cfw modded gbs-8220 for ps2 480i (480i to 480p) games that provides pretty good results. its too bad this monitor didn't have a wider hz range because the size for a crt is pretty good.

thanks for the post