Qs gbs-8220 cfw chip mod without other hardware tweaks

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
bugeye

Qs gbs-8220 cfw chip mod without other hardware tweaks

Post by bugeye »

i successfully did the cfw mod but did no other hardware changes such as removing/adding resisters, capacitors or pots. the image is pretty good but is less bright and vivid than a strait signal to the tv. i have adjusted the gbs-control adc gain to the point of being bright but not too bright. i mainly use the gbs for my ps2 480i only games to 480p through a hdmi box. my tv is a sony KV-34XBR910 super fine pitch (hdmi to dvi) and is fantastic for 480p. the gbs also has a switch installed to go back to stock firmware as i just wanted the option. i also put the gbs in a compact enclosure and is something i don't want to be cracking back open because of the hassle of getting the thing together. so my first question is

do any of the other hardware tweaks add any brightness or make it more vivid?

the gbs also has a very thin horizontal (screen tear?) line that moves slowly down the screen. its not too annoying but it is there. i also wanted to fill the screen with as much image as i can get by adjusting with gbs-control. my tv is set to wide screen (full) instead of 4/3 ratio. the gbs-control size adjustments seem to create a not too noticeable vertical line that bleeds near the right side of the screen when i spread the horizontal size out. this is the way i left things as i was done tinkering with adjustments. the horizontal line is more annoying than the right side line as the right side line seems to be an edge of the game image. i can provide a pic but my camera is put away for now. so question is

any idea if any hardware or software changes may help?

i am quite happy with the image i have and i do have 3 more gbs-8220 boards with the with cfw installed on some arduino's (not assembled) to tinker with. i may put them together for experimental use such as video quality changes, converting to 240p on some consoles and just to have a backup cfw gbs.

any suggestions will be great