CRT Emudriver & Switchres questions

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
dreadnought

CRT Emudriver & Switchres questions

Post by dreadnought »

After years of intending to do so, I've finally put a PC-to-CRT TV rig together. It's an Win 10, i5, Radeon 6450 -> Ultimate SCART Adapter -> Sony Trinitron TV.

I installed the CRT Emudriver and GroovyMAME and got it working, more or less . Problems have appeared when I had tried to get Retroarch to play nice, things got a bit messy then. Some questions:

-has anybody got Retroarch running with switchres and Custom Resolutions ON seamlessly? I can make individual emus work but it's a hit and miss process, because some configs get rewritten (or don't save?), also it's a pain because resolutions get too small or big and I don't feel in control at all.

-how to install 50Hz modelines? I tried the ones from Retroarch Switchres Wiki but they don't seem to register. Can't see them in Retroarch nor Arcade OSD.

-is it possible to tweak vertical resolutions in Arcade OSD? I'd like to center some of them, tried messing with the OSD's porches but without much success.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Josh128

Re: CRT Emudriver & Switchres questions

Post by Josh128 »

You can tweak vertical res in arcade OSD. You just cant tweak the one that is currently being used for your Windows desktop. ie you need to set your desktop res to a res that you WONT be using for emulators, then you can do it.

I suggest going to http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.p ... ,52.0.html for help. The official site with all the downloads and documentation, http://geedorah.com/eiusdemmodi/forum/index.php , is currently down due to them moving it or something, dont know when it will be back up.
dreadnought

Re: CRT Emudriver & Switchres questions

Post by dreadnought »

Yes, I am able to change the vertical res, but apparently that does not work in GM, only Windows & other emulators. So it seems for GM I would have to adjust using service menu - but given there are so many different resolutions it'd be an endless hassle. Or not, perhaps? Did anybody have a similar problem?

After reinstalling the whole driver I did manage to install 50 Hz modelines. Not sure what was wrong with it, but it's ok now. I still struggle with Retroarch though, eg some systems start perfectly in proper resolution, others don't. More annoyingly, it always reverts to desktop res after exiting a game or loading new one...sigh.

I did consider the arcadecontrols forum but it does not seem to lively and response ratio is rather low. I might head over there eventually. I just know there are a lot of crtemudriver users here, so I was hoping for some feedback.