Switch // Flip grip alternative for tate games

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Xant0s

Switch // Flip grip alternative for tate games

Post by Xant0s »

Hi all,

If you are like me and don't like using joycons for shmups (mostly because I don't like the dpad and its position), I want to introduce you a small item that I have been using for quite some time now.
It's a 3d printed Switch vertical screen mount that exists for the 8bitdo sn30pro plus controller and the official Nintendo pro controller.

The guy who created them did it on my request (free of charge !) and I never see it mentionned anywhere so I think you guys should be aware of it.

I only have one for the 8bitdo sn30pro controller (the controller with the best dpad on Switch, with the pokken controller). Quality is quite impressive for this kind of product, the mount doesn't move if you tighten the screw strongly and weigh of the screen is less a problem than ot seems. You can move the screen forward and bacward and mount the screen turned clockwise or counter clockwise.

Highly recommended for those like me who wanted to play Switch shmups on handheld mode and who don't like joycons.

And I would also recommend his horizontal mounts that are of a similar quality :-).

Link to his etsy shop :
https://www.etsy.com/listing/794065311/ ... e_11&frs=1
NewSchoolBoxer

Re: Switch // Flip grip alternative for tate games

Post by NewSchoolBoxer »

This is super cool. Not a fan of joycons either.

I'm the type who might furiously hit the buttons in a tense situation. With the screen attached to the top of the controller, I don't think I'd like it to jitter all about. Is that a problem for you?
Enemy

Re: Switch // Flip grip alternative for tate games

Post by Enemy »

Hi,

Are you going to make more of these?

edit: as in the Vert mounts?

edit..edit: just seen you dont make them