StarTech Capture Card 100% CPU

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
SRRAE

StarTech Capture Card 100% CPU

Post by SRRAE »

I have an old StarTech PEXHDCAP capture card which is just fine for my retro gaming use however it is causing my CPU to stay at 100%.

I have searched the for a resolution and most search results are from this forum, but I'm not sure if a final result ion was ever found. I believe this issue also affects USB3HDCAP USB3 version too.

I have tried installing the Micomsoft SC-500N1 drivers and the ones from Advantech SA7160, both install perfectly fine and function fine but I get the 100% CPU issue.

Did a resolution ever get found?
kitty666cats

Re: StarTech Capture Card 100% CPU

Post by kitty666cats »

SRRAE wrote:I have an old StarTech PEXHDCAP capture card which is just fine for my retro gaming use however it is causing my CPU to stay at 100%.

I have searched the for a resolution and most search results are from this forum, but I'm not sure if a final result ion was ever found. I believe this issue also affects USB3HDCAP USB3 version too.

I have tried installing the Micomsoft SC-500N1 drivers and the ones from Advantech SA7160, both install perfectly fine and function fine but I get the 100% CPU issue.

Did a resolution ever get found?
Go to the XCAPTURE or PEXHDCAP thread - forget which, but one of the two haS some drivers uploaded from Shmups user FinalBaton. Try searching those terms, or some of his posts from a few months back.

I may have the link as well, will report back if so
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

SuperDeadite

Post by SuperDeadite »

On Win7 just reset your Power Options to Balanced Default.
If you are like me and only use the card once a month or so,
I keep it disabled in device manager as it slows down boot time, and
stops the driver weirdness.