DoDonPachi MiSTer core sync issues

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
it290

DoDonPachi MiSTer core sync issues

Post by it290 »

Hey all,

I finally got the DDP MiSTer core running after quite a bit of struggle. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to want to sync properly with my Sony PVM 1342Q. I get a rolling, but stable, image. I assume the vsync is the same as the PCB, and the image displays properly on my Mitsubishi Megaview that's hooked up in a BNC daisy chain with the PVM, so my question is, does anyone know of any corrective action I can take? Service menu adjustments etc.? Or is DDP's sync just a little finicky? What's the frequency, Kenneth?
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
Johnpv

Re: DoDonPachi MiSTer core sync issues

Post by Johnpv »

This is out? I thought it was still in Beta or just for patreon people or something?
it290

Post by it290 »

It is still Patreon only. But I'd like to get it working on my PVM and the 57hz vsync should be the same as the PCB, so wondering if anyone has any knowledge about getting the PCB working with this particular flavor of PVM.
We here shall not rest until we have made a drawing-room of your shaft, and if you do not all finally go down to your doom in patent-leather shoes, then you shall not go at all.
DejahThoris

Post by DejahThoris »

Same issues here. Stable but scrolling image on a PVM-1354q.

Regardless of 57/60hz setting.

Did you happen to find a solution, it290?
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Did you try the 60hz toggle he included? It makes the game run a tad faster, but helps with sync issues on monitors that don't tolerate the slight off of 60hz sync.

Bring up the menu and it's on the first screen.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

DejahThoris wrote:Same issues here. Stable but scrolling image on a PVM-1354q.

Regardless of 57/60hz setting.

Did you happen to find a solution, it290?
Not sure what your issue is, 60hz should work.

Do you have issues with other games? Can you adjust the roll to help it slow down or stop? V/H-hold setting?
fernan1234

Post by fernan1234 »

For the analogue video output are you using an IO board or the HDMI direct video mode paired with a DAC? I'd try both if you have them available.
DejahThoris

Post by DejahThoris »

XtraSmiley wrote:Not sure what your issue is, 60hz should work.

Do you have issues with other games? Can you adjust the roll to help it slow down or stop? V/H-hold setting?
Should, but does not. I do not have issues with any other core. Console, computers, or arcade ones. I've messed with the V-hold setting in the menu a bit but couldn't get it to stabilize, just move faster/slower.
XtraSmiley wrote:Did you try the 60hz toggle he included? It makes the game run a tad faster, but helps with sync issues on monitors that don't tolerate the slight off of 60hz sync.

As previously stated, whether I use 60 or 57 settings it doesn't work. In fact, it scrolls FASTER when 60hz sync is enabled (which doesn't seem at all as expected).
fernan1234 wrote:For the analogue video output are you using an IO board or the HDMI direct video mode paired with a DAC? I'd try both if you have them available.
I'm using the IO Board's D-Sub 15 output and using a VGA -> BNC cable. I'm not really interested in making a complicated setup just to play a board I already own at my desk. I was hoping to renew some interest in playing it on the cab by being able to practice at the desk now and again throughout the day.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

DejahThoris wrote:
XtraSmiley wrote:Did you try the 60hz toggle he included? It makes the game run a tad faster, but helps with sync issues on monitors that don't tolerate the slight off of 60hz sync.

As previously stated, whether I use 60 or 57 settings it doesn't work. In fact, it scrolls FASTER when 60hz sync is enabled (which doesn't seem at all as expected).
This was directed at it290, but your results are unexpected.
DejahThoris

Post by DejahThoris »

XtraSmiley wrote: This was directed at it290, but your results are unexpected.
Gotcha.

And yeah, I figured they're atypical since so many others are playing just fine. Interesting to see that there seem to be at least a couple of us running PVM-13xxq's having the same issue though.
DejahThoris

Post by DejahThoris »

Well, finally got around to building an RGB cable for my supergun.

The issue is not my monitor. Zero issues running the PCB. :/
schnuth

Post by schnuth »

I finally got around to trying out the core on my PVM. It’s a MD-1943 and it works just fine on the default settings FWIW. Fantastic core btw. I need to spend some more time with it this weekend.
maxriptide

Post by maxriptide »

I had the same issue with my PVM 1954QM, I solved the problem by setting composite_sync=0 in the mister.ini file