Retro Access cables: Help picking the right ones?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Ikaruga11

Retro Access cables: Help picking the right ones?

Post by Ikaruga11 »

So Retro Access will be getting their cables back in stock tomorrow (Sunday 10/25 from 12PM - 1PM EST) and I'd like to order some BNC RGBS CSync cables for 16 consoles to use with my Extron Crosspoint and RGB Monitor. For most of my consoles, Retro Access has exactly what I need (SNES, N64?, GCN, Wii, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, AES), but the rest either need modifications to the console plug (AV Famicom), are SCART only (SuperGrafx), don't have CSync (PS1, PS2) or don't have any cables at all (XBox, XBox 360, PS3, Wii U). What kind of BNC RGBS cables should I custom order for the AV Famicom, SuperGrafx, PS1, PS2, XBox, XBox 360, PS3 and Wii U? Also, will SNES BNC RGBS cables work on an Ultra HDMI V2 N64?

AV Famicom: 8 PIN MINI DIN (FOR MODS) TO EXTRON BNC - PRO COAXIAL MULTICORE (but requested with AV Multi-Out plug instead of 8-Pin Mini Din plug?)
SNES Jr.: NTSC SNES CSYNC BNC AND AUDIO CABLE - PRO COAXIAL MULTICORE FOR PVM MONITOR
Nintendo 64: NTSC SNES CSYNC BNC AND AUDIO CABLE - PRO COAXIAL MULTICORE FOR PVM MONITOR (SNES cables work with N64)
GameCube: GCHD MK-II BNC AND AUDIO CABLE
Wii: WIIDUAL BNC AND AUDIO CABLE
Wii U: So I want to do HDMI->RGBS CSync. What kind of custom BNC cables will I need to use for outputting transcoded RGBS CSync from a Wii U?
Sega Genesis: GENESIS 1 BNC AND AUDIO CABLE - PRO COAXIAL MULTICORE FOR PVM MONITOR AND EXTRON
Sega Saturn: SATURN BNC AND AUDIO CABLE - PRO COAXIAL MULTICORE FOR PVM MONITOR AND EXTRON
Dreamcast: DREAMCAST 15KHZ/31KHZ 480I/480P BNC CABLE
SuperGrafx: SCART CABLE FOR RGB ENABLED SUPERGRAFX (but requested as BNC cables instead of SCART?)
Neo Geo AES: NEO GEO AES BNC AND AUDIO CABLE - PRO COAXIAL MULTICORE FOR PVM MONITOR AND EXTRON
PS1: PLAYSTATION 1 LUMA BNC AND AUDIO CABLE PRO COAXIAL MULTICORE FOR PVM MONITOR (but requested with CSync instead of Sync on Luma?)
PS2: PLAYSTATION 2 LUMA BNC AND AUDIO CABLE PRO COAXIAL MULTICORE FOR PVM MONITOR (but requested with CSync instead of Sync on Luma?) I know the PS2 doesn't output CSync natively, but I'm going to do the CSync mod on my PS2.
PS3: So I want to do HDMI->RGBS CSync. What kind of custom BNC cables will I need to use for outputting transcoded RGBS CSync from a PS3?
OG XBox: So I want to do HDMI->RGBS CSync. What kind of custom BNC cables will I need to use for outputting transcoded RGBS CSync from an XBox?
XBox 360: So I want to do HDMI->RGBS CSync. What kind of custom BNC cables will I need to use for outputting transcoded RGBS CSync from an XBox 360?

Thanks
makar1

Re: Retro Access cables: Help picking the right ones?

Post by makar1 »

The AV Famicom with RGB mod can use the same CSYNC cable as the SNES.

For all your HDMI consoles it would be much simpler to just use Component output, with a switcher fed into a Component to RGB transcoder.