Dotronix dsv27" monitor (for the love of God help me)

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
TheOne

Dotronix dsv27" monitor (for the love of God help me)

Post by TheOne »

Was looking into the buying a dotronix dsv27" presentation monitor befor stock dries up.
I got a quote for their RGB model thats a nine pin d-sub. I noticed "FinalBaton" had one of these and had his up running I was wondering what he used for an adapter to convert the 9 pin to something useable and what device do you send the source audio and how do you get it their? I'm a noob and ignorance sucks. All I know is I want a native rgb monitor. Or should I see if I can get one with s video and component and call it a day. Either way I dont want to spen my money on something I need a PhD in math and physics to get going. FinalBaton if your listening help! :(
qjkxbmwvz

Re: Dotronix dsv27" monitor (for the love of God help me)

Post by qjkxbmwvz »

I used to use an Amiga 1080, which uses that same connector, albeit likely with a different pinout. What I did to hook consoles up was use SCART into a homemade adapter. Nothing fancy, just the SCART, D-sub, and 3.5mm audio connectors and wires between them, all of which I mounted to piece of perfboard - that had the wrong hole arrangement for any of the components to actually go in. It worked, but it was unstable and often needed to be repaired. Were I to do it again, I would design a PCB for it.
ASDR

Post by ASDR »

You could just use a female SCART socket and skip the PCB completely. You might need a sync stripper, no idea if the dotronix needs csync. Do we actually know what their OSD and color / geometry etc. board is based on? Their own design or something off the shelf?
TheOne

Post by TheOne »

I'm going to dig for more info in regards to the dotronix hardware. I'm not sure if it uses proprietary boards or shelf stuff or what their pinout is. I have yet to seal the deal and wire the money I'm just trying to solve the problem before I buy so I feel better about it. I hope to work through this so we can have a resource on here with the answer allready for the next time someone needs to know. I'll post picks of it when I recieve it. Supposed to come on a pallet in a wooden crate, I like getting monitors that arent smashed right after they come out of the box lol
maxtherabbit

Post by maxtherabbit »

TheOne wrote:I'm going to dig for more info in regards to the dotronix hardware. I'm not sure if it uses proprietary boards or shelf stuff or what their pinout is. I have yet to seal the deal and wire the money I'm just trying to solve the problem before I buy so I feel better about it. I hope to work through this so we can have a resource on here with the answer allready for the next time someone needs to know. I'll post picks of it when I recieve it. Supposed to come on a pallet in a wooden crate, I like getting monitors that arent smashed right after they come out of the box lol
Why don't you just ask the seller to provide the pinout
TheOne

Post by TheOne »

That's exactly what I meant by dig lol no better place to go than the source. I'll ask him for the pinout tomorrow sometimes it takes a while for him to get back to me :D