Dreamcast stick ...sticking

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
ReKleSS

Dreamcast stick ...sticking

Post by ReKleSS »

Hi all,
I recently got a dreamcast that came with an arcade stick. The stick seems to have been fairly well used (the bottom row of buttons is lighter than the top) and now the stick is starting to stick to the edges. Is there a trick to fixing this? I tried getting the stick apart, but couldn't figure out how to get the mechanism open.

By the way, I'm hoping to refit the stick with sanwa parts sometime soon, can anyone identify what this stick is and tell me whether or not it can be installed easily? I'm not sure if I'll actually order from ozstick because they don't have convex buttons, but I'm curious anyway.
-ReK
SAM

Re: Dreamcast stick ...sticking

Post by SAM »

ReKleSS wrote:I recently got a dreamcast that came with an arcade stick. The stick seems to have been fairly well used (the bottom row of buttons is lighter than the top) and now the stick is starting to stick to the edges. Is there a trick to fixing this? I tried getting the stick apart, but couldn't figure out how to get the mechanism open.
Well, I recently moded my DC Agetec stick with Seimitsu joystick. I still have the orginal joystick parts with me, I can just it to you for just the postage. PM me if you are interested.

ReKleSS wrote:By the way, I'm hoping to refit the stick with sanwa parts sometime soon, can anyone identify what this stick is and tell me whether or not it can be installed easily? I'm not sure if I'll actually order from ozstick because they don't have convex buttons, but I'm curious anyway.
Well don't know, but it definatly not a Sanwa. If you want Sanwa Joystick part, I got some I removed from my Hori RAP. They are removed blend new and I had swop some Seimitsu in them. You could got them from me at $10 each plus postage. I even got the spare some Sanwa Octagonal restrictor plate (GT-Y) gates for sale.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
MKL

Post by MKL »

ReKleSS wrote:can anyone identify what this stick is
They look like Sanwa JLW sticks, although the mounting plates are slightly different:

http://www.sanwa-d.co.jp/p_joy-stick3.htm#tm8s
Ex_Mosquito

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

ReKleSS wrote:Hi all,
I recently got a dreamcast that came with an arcade stick. The stick seems to have been fairly well used (the bottom row of buttons is lighter than the top) and now the stick is starting to stick to the edges. Is there a trick to fixing this? I tried getting the stick apart, but couldn't figure out how to get the mechanism open.

By the way, I'm hoping to refit the stick with sanwa parts sometime soon, can anyone identify what this stick is and tell me whether or not it can be installed easily? I'm not sure if I'll actually order from ozstick because they don't have convex buttons, but I'm curious anyway.
-ReK
Before i modded mine i used to get this problem too. From what i could see it was because of a small metal washer on the underside of the stick, and when the silicon grease drys up it moves into a position is shouldnt normally making the stick jam in a direction. I used to have a pic of this showing how it happend, lost it though.

Yeah thats the JLW stick. If you're modding a stick with a sanwa go for the JLF i would. Better feel too.
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito
SAM

Post by SAM »

Ex_Mosquito wrote:Yeah thats the JLW stick. If you're modding a stick with a sanwa go for the JLF i would. Better feel too.
Those Sanwa I removed from Hori RAP are JLF.
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*