Samsung QN49Q6FN UHD TV 49"

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
GumballBunny

Samsung QN49Q6FN UHD TV 49"

Post by GumballBunny »

I was just wondering if anyone here knows if this tv does a good job at deinterlacing at all. It's the TV I currently use with my OSSC for stuff like SNES and the like and it looks awesome and the input latency on the tv is about 15.3 ms I believe.
I am buying a new PS2 and the majority of games only support 480i so that's why I'm asking. Thank you all.
Fudoh

Re: Samsung QN49Q6FN UHD TV 49"

Post by Fudoh »

the single frame of lag is for progressive input though. This might skyrocket once you switch to interlaced input.

And you currently don't have any interlaced source you can try on your own? What you're looking for is the lack of combing artefacts on quick movements (try a 480i fighting game), not too much added lag (you can easily tell when switching the OSSC from zero lag deinterlacing to 480i passthrough) and a high level of retained detail compared to 480p (easily tested with a title that you can switch between 480i and 480p).
GumballBunny

Re: Samsung QN49Q6FN UHD TV 49"

Post by GumballBunny »

Fudoh wrote:the single frame of lag is for progressive input though. This might skyrocket once you switch to interlaced input.

And you currently don't have any interlaced source you can try on your own? What you're looking for is the lack of combing artefacts on quick movements (try a 480i fighting game), not too much added lag (you can easily tell when switching the OSSC from zero lag deinterlacing to 480i passthrough) and a high level of retained detail compared to 480p (easily tested with a title that you can switch between 480i and 480p).
I tried it with my brothers ps2. I had to go over and get it. From what I can tell it does a pretty good job. It almost looks as good as 480p. I tried with 2 games. guilty gear xx reload and tony hawks american wasteland. they both didn't feel like there was much different in input latency and looked good. I didn't really see any combing artifacts or line seperation. I am aware of bad deinterlacing where when you move or something moves and you can see it like get cut up. It's hard to explain. https://i.stack.imgur.com/DnI7S.jpg kind of like that. I didn't see any of that.