PS1Digital - HDMI Mod for OG PlayStation

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
PearlJammzz

Re: PS1Digital - HDMI Mod for OG PlayStation

Post by PearlJammzz »

H6rdc0re wrote:
PearlJammzz wrote:I don't see any double images/frames but perhaps I am not sensitive to that? I can't see it. The panel is 120hz and the BFI runs at 60hz. So you have 1 frame shown, 1 frame black in that 120hz. Thus, the 120hz panel becomes a 60hz panel but it's inserting a black frame which helps create that crisp motion resolution. Just adds lag as far as I can tell. But again, perhaps I am not sensitive to it and just don't notice it. I'm definitely not claiming to be an expert.
The panel can display 120Hz but I think it refreshes at 60Hz with 60Hz BFI and at 120Hz with 120Hz BFI. Otherwise why else would 120Hz BFI get much brighter than 60Hz BFI? Running my Xbox Series X forced to 120Hz I get double images running 60fps games like Sonic Mania, Doom, etc. When I force my Xbox Series X to 60Hz I get CRT like motion running the same 60fps games. Running 120fps games forced to 120Hz I get CRT like motion. OLED Motion Pro set to high only works great when running matched content.
I've never ran it at 120hz, just 60hz. I don't use it with modern consoles or anything with HDR. I just use it for Genesis, Saturn, SNES, etc. The lower brightness works perfectly fine for those games.
strygo

Post by strygo »

Are there any gotchas or known issues when accessing the PS1 Digital menu? I’m just now testing PS1 Digital and X-Station combo that Voultar installed.

I’m pressing L2 + R2 + start + square + X and it isn’t bringing up the menu. I’ve tried in a handful of games. If it matters, I’m using the official Analog Controller. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks for your help.
RGB0b

Post by RGB0b »

When I first got my PS1d installed, I couldn't get the menu to come up either. I was messaging with Dan and Christof for awhile and used the wifi connection to bring up the menu. I was about to send my PS1 to them to figure out what the problem was...

...and it turned out the mint condition PS2 controller I was using had a dead R2 button. LOL, seriously. So, definitely check the controller you're using and make sure each of the buttons are working. It might sound silly, but that legit happened to me.
TooBeaucoup

Post by TooBeaucoup »

I'd definitely second trying another controller. It sounds stupid, but I've had issues more than a few times with different consoles due to not realizing my controller was messed up.
tacoguy64

Post by tacoguy64 »

Has anyone had any luck contacting Black Dog Tech for customer support? I lost the 3d printed stand ins that go underneath the ps1 digital board and need new replacements. Can't get ahold of anybody over there.