Need help re Borti N64 RGB board and filter. Frustrated.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Willpower

Need help re Borti N64 RGB board and filter. Frustrated.

Post by Willpower »

I have an N64 NS2 model, a gscart, a framemeister, an OLED TV, and zero experience modding. I want to get this mod done, and that is sort of my big issue right now. Please help me solve this.

Voultar's mod doesn't have deblur, and wouldn't work on my NS2 anyway. He also won't install Tim's board...but I have read an old tweet of his that says he will install Borti's board (presumably after the appropriate blood sacrifice.)

I want to do this mod, and Voultar is the only one stateside I can think of that I know will do it right. So, I will be asking him if he can install borti's board for me, but I want to do my homework before approaching as he is both busy and "kind of a big deal." However, there is a lot to read, particularly in this forum. Most if it is above my level, over my head, and like 40 pages long. I am pretty exhausted trying to figure out what I need. So, if you have a sec, please answer these questions.

1. The version 2 of Borti's board is really the older one and so I probably don't want that one right? Best to go for the N64RGB Advanced?

2. The places that sell Borti's board offer a filter add-on for ntsc or a filter add-on for pal. But I honestly can't figure out what these do or if I need/want them. All I can find about this is that: "it can filter the video signal coming out of ADV7125, or it can be used to adjust signal levels in order to use SNES PAL RGB cables."
a. What is ADV7125? What does it do? Why might it need "filtering?"
b. What does this filter add-on even do? Should I get it? Why or why not?

3. In the event you think I should wait for ultra hdmi to come back, would you happen to know whether an NS1 N64's guts will fit inside my jungle green funtastic shell? It has to be green because mine was green as a kid. Nothing I can do about that.

Please help. I just want this 64 to look dope already...