BNC Adapter for multiple BNC lines question

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
teerazzler

BNC Adapter for multiple BNC lines question

Post by teerazzler »

I want to plug in both my Gamecube using the official Nintendo GC component cables and plug in my daisy chained gscarts plugged in at the same time into my PVM-20M2U. Is it possible to not have to use a component to scart adapter (like the retrotink comp2scart for example), and use some kind of bnc splitter or adapter that may exist so I can have both component and my gscart using male scart to bnc breakout plugged in at the same time to my PVM? The PVM only has one input in the back of the monitor for R/G/B and sync, so basically I am just looking to have two inputs of R/G/B/sync to plug in from two different cable line sources.

I currently have 11 consoles through scart, and would like to avoid using the retrotink if possible because it would create a longer cable line and extra processing which could possibly degrade the video quality or not even work in the first place. If the retrotink is the only option, than that is cool. However I hope there is a solution to this setup so I can have all of my consoles are all on the ready without needing to change inputs to the s-video/component line.......just turn on the monitor, speakers, and console, and then ready to play a game, all automated! Appreciate the help everyone! Thanks!
Guspaz

Re: BNC Adapter for multiple BNC lines question

Post by Guspaz »

It's not really clear to me what you're trying to do... The newer gscartsw should support YPbPr via their sync-on-green support, and you just need to switch the PVM between RGB and YPbPr mode.

Other alternatives are to use a gcvideo-based solution with a SCART cable, or to mod the Nintendo cables for RGB/SCART. Or to swap the motherboard for a PAL one and use an RGB SCART cable from the multi-AV port.

I'm not sure where exactly you intend to use the splitter, you only have one input, so what is the second device you're splitting to? Splitters require amplification anyhow, so any concerns you'd have about signal degradation would apply to that as much as they would to the COMP2RGB, most likely.

If your goal is to have a no-touch fully automated solution with zero configuration, use the COMP2RGB, connect it to your gscartsw setup. The gscartsw will automatically switch to the GameCube when it's on, just like any other SCART device.
teerazzler

Post by teerazzler »

I thought I tried to make it as clear as possible lol :)

Okay, so what I am trying to do is connect both my Gamecube through component and my male scart to BNC breakout at the same time to the back of my PVM. My PVM only has one input for RGB. How would I go about connecting both the GC component and BNC's at the same time to the back of my PVM? Is there a such thing that would create 2 inputs for both component and bnc connectors? Or is this impossible to do?
teerazzler

Post by teerazzler »

Guspaz wrote:It's not really clear to me what you're trying to do... The newer gscartsw should support YPbPr via their sync-on-green support, and you just need to switch the PVM between RGB and YPbPr mode.

Other alternatives are to use a gcvideo-based solution with a SCART cable, or to mod the Nintendo cables for RGB/SCART. Or to swap the motherboard for a PAL one and use an RGB SCART cable from the multi-AV port.

I'm not sure where exactly you intend to use the splitter, you only have one input, so what is the second device you're splitting to? Splitters require amplification anyhow, so any concerns you'd have about signal degradation would apply to that as much as they would to the COMP2RGB, most likely.

If your goal is to have a no-touch fully automated solution with zero configuration, use the COMP2RGB, connect it to your gscartsw setup. The gscartsw will automatically switch to the GameCube when it's on, just like any other SCART device.

Ah, I totally glazed over where you said to just get the COMP2RGB. I guess if that is the only solution, then I will do that. I will get that and then use a male to male scart, one end to plug into the COMP2RGB and then the other plugging into my gscart.
kitty666cats

Post by kitty666cats »

https://www.grainger.com/product/MONOPR ... tter-6CZE8

https://www.js-technology.com/store/ind ... er=product

Maybe one of these two connected to the R G and B lines of the PVM...? More likely the 2nd but IDK
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

You said you already had gscartsw, though, right? If it's new enough to support sync-on-green, just use a component-to-scart adapter to hook your GameCube component cables to the gscartsw, and done. When you want to play GameCube on the PVM, go into the menus and change it between RGB and YPbPr.

The only way you're going to avoid changing the setting on the PVM every time is to get RGB from the GameCube via a converter of some kind.