Check out my custom PCB protector.

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Kiel

Check out my custom PCB protector.

Post by Kiel »

I had a guy at work whip this up for me so I dont have to have my Ketsui board sitting on a shoe box cover anymore. Pretty slick in person, now I'm looking at getting a sticker made with the Ketsui logo to put on the top.

neorichieb1971

Post by neorichieb1971 »

Thats pretty neat.
This industry has become 2 dimensional as it transcended into a 3D world.
Neon

Post by Neon »

looks kewl, if I get into pcbs other than cps2/neo I might need to commission your friend :)
system11

Post by system11 »

I hope that clear plastic isn't one that promotes static (some are!).

Nice aside from that - if the plastic in question is immune to static, I would think a lot of money could be made selling say up to 3 sizes on ebay with two different lengths of supports. If they were cheap enough, people would buy them, me included.
oxtsu

Post by oxtsu »

Good idea!

PCB feet are enough for me though.
raiden

Post by raiden »

I´m about to do the same, but with wood. Doesn´t look as good, but I can be sure no electrostatic problems will occur. I hope you can still remove the top? Over time, dust will accumulate inside, and to properly clean the thing, you need to be able to access it completely, at least from the top side. I used to have my PCBs fixed inside a cupboard with very little space between layers. It looked neat, but I couldn´t clean them properly, yet trying to do so was what led to my unconscious ripping out a small line of contact (I described it in another thread here) in my RFJ PCB. So my new setup has every PCB on a separate board which I can take out to clean it. Haven´t added the upper side yet because I ran out of money for wood, and I´ll only need it when I´m taking a PCB with me to a meeting. At home, they are protected enough by staying in the cupboard (which has the form of a cab).
Kiel

Post by Kiel »

Well the guy got all the materials from an electrical surplus store so I would assume that it dosent promote static electricity, but I will ask to make sure. Thanks for the heads up.

And the top does come off, Its just held on by 4 small screws so getting the dust off will be a snap.

And for others interested you would probably be put off by the price as it would be around $45 but this guy is a perfectionist. You cant see it in the pic but he used the flame from a torch to round over and polish the edges of the plastic. :shock:
Ex_Mosquito

Post by Ex_Mosquito »

heh that looks cool, it puts my storage solution to shame :x

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mark9/pcb_shelf.jpg

Also they've fallen off the shelf a few times :x