Riser stand for small 8" PVM

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
willinliv

Riser stand for small 8" PVM

Post by willinliv »

Because I'm a bit sad and enjoy making stuff I made a stand riser for my new 9042QM to bring it up to eyelevel and also provide a home for a raspberry pi and two zx81. It's made out of welsh slate (don't ask me why) and several chopping boards from ikea. I ended up mounting the raspberry pi (running Retropie) on a piece of hardboard because I found that the connections were getting mangled and I didn't trust me not ruining the Gert VGA666 which has a heavy VGA to component lead in it. Also fitted a switch for the raspberry pi (4) and a reused cherry MX switch to call a halt on the rpi prior to turn off. Thought it worth sharing, I saw on Twitter another guy had done something similar for his ZX81, but this might also be useful for others looking to do something similar.

Last edited by willinliv on Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hellbelly

Re: Riser stand for small 8" PVM

Post by hellbelly »

I’d like to see this, but pictures aren’t working for me.

Pete
willinliv

Re: Riser stand for small 8

Post by willinliv »

hellbelly wrote:I’d like to see this, but pictures aren’t working for me.

Pete
I think they might show now. Thanks, Will
ldeveraux

Re: Riser stand for small 8

Post by ldeveraux »

hellbelly wrote:I’d like to see this, but pictures aren’t working for me.

Pete
They work on web, not for me on Tapatalk
hellbelly

Post by hellbelly »

Working now, thank you.

Love the materials used here :-)
willinliv

Post by willinliv »

I think it was because I put shared the images from my google photos but hadn't sorted out the public sharing link. Probably easier ways to share!

Re the materials I've got a glass topped desk so I wanted something nice to prop it on hence the slate and the woods just cheap and comes pretty much in the right dimensions. I'm very happy with it especially as I've been able to fit 3 computer in it and it's pretty self-contained now. It's obvs only a small screen but good enough for what I need and the zx81 look amazing on it - 'Down' by Revival Studios for example is really addictive: http://www.revival-studios.com/sinclair.php