Embodiment of Scarlet Devil installation

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
captain ahar

Embodiment of Scarlet Devil installation

Post by captain ahar »

i bought this game from user Super Laydock, and am not able to install it.

when i start the installation, before it starts the file transfer, the install quits, leaving me with just an empty folder.

SP says that i need a japanese language pack and also that some language settings might have to be changed.

can anyone give me specific instructions on how i might be able to get this running on my PC?

thanks so much for any help you can give.
I have no sig whatsoever.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I forget exactly what I did, but I did do this some time ago, for the same game...forgive me if some of the info is a bit off, someone else should hopefully be able to fill in the blanks. What you need to do is check in the "control panel" area, under "regional and language settings," the "non-unicode" language setting; if "Japanese" is available, check it off to enable it and restart (the one thing is, some English punctuation and whatnot will be in Japanese, but it's not a huge deal). If it's not available, find the disc you used to install Windows, and use that to install the Japanese language pack, and then enable it.

Again, it goes something like that, but you might want to wait till someone else verifies/amends this.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

its worth a shot. anything to have a full zun game available.

now i just have to try and track down some reasonably priced copies of PCB and IN...

these games are incredible, thanks to everyone who helps me get it working. :D
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

www.paletweb.com has IN and PCB (and Phantasmagoria too, and a few others) for 18 bucks apiece, that's where I got my copies from.
captain ahar

Post by captain ahar »

the website isn't working for me (in firefox) i'll check it later.

but on the upside, embodiment is working, and like a dream no less.

thanks a bunch bulletmagnet, its working, its amazing, and i get to play it thanks to your help. :D

capt
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

captain ahar wrote:the website isn't working for me (in firefox) i'll check it later.
Yeah, it seems to be down at the moment...every once in awhile they'll sell some doujin stuff (most of their wares are console imports, you might want to check those out too) via their eBay store, (I think their name there is "palet_th," something like that), so you might want to look around there.

In any event, glad you were able to get the game working, cap'n. And surprised that I remembered that much of how to do it, heh heh.
SAM

Post by SAM »

captain ahar wrote:its worth a shot. anything to have a full zun game available.

now i just have to try and track down some reasonably priced copies of PCB and IN...

these games are incredible, thanks to everyone who helps me get it working. :D
I could only got PCB and IN works on my computer. It still running Win98.

Embodiment of Scarlet Devil is out of the question for me. I might needs a new PC for playing Doujin games... But I am currently over spent in PCBs...
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

In case you're interested, cap'n, Palet's site seems to be back up...and they've even got Touhou t-shirts! If I weren't broke I'd probably spring for one...