Identifying chip on UltraHDMI board. Anyone?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Did_You_Rike_It

Identifying chip on UltraHDMI board. Anyone?

Post by Did_You_Rike_It »

Hi guys!

Like many of you, I really love the development and engineering of hardware ??

Whenever I receive PCB boards (i.e. modchips and anything of the like) I'm always fascinated with the onboard components that is used, usually opening up my mind to look into these things.

As the title states, I'm looking at UltraHDMI boards, and whilst everything seems dandy, the only chip that I'm having trouble identifying this little IC. I've been looking up the codes printed but can't find anything on it.

Does anyone know what this could be and it's function perhaps?

I would REALLY appreciate it! ??

Woozle

Re: Identifying chip on UltraHDMI board. Anyone?

Post by Woozle »

That chip isn't doing anything important to the core function of the UltraHDMI. The important chips are the FPGA, HDMI transmitter, and sdram. If you want to try designing your own version then you already have all the info you need hardware wise. A new user with 1 post, asking for chip details is a bit shady. I understand wanting to learn but this seems like you're trying to reverse engineer/clone a product that a lot of time and effort went into designing.
Did_You_Rike_It

Woozle wrote:That chip isn't doing anything important to the core function of the UltraHDMI. The important chips are the FPGA, HDMI transmitter, and sdram. If you want to try designing your own version then you already have all the info you need hardware wise. A new user with 1 post, asking for chip details is a bit shady. I understand wanting to learn but this seems like you're trying to reverse engineer/clone a product that a lot of time and effort went into designing.
Thanks very much for the post Woozle, I greatly appreciate it!

That's very interesting, because I tried looking it up and there's no datasheets, absolutely nothing. Whereas all the other components you can gather some information at the very least. This is stranger because if you say it isn't doing anything important, then what is it's function or its existent? What does it do exactly?

Like you stated, if I ever were to design my own version (which I can't, I don't know anything about programming), then it further leads to believe what is the point of this chip on the board.

I truly understand where you are coming from, but I can honestly tell you it's because of great curiosity, when there's nothing online to be found I GOT to ask. So please don't take it the wrong way. ??
(I'll be more than happy to delete this post after it gets resolve to stop any potential of other users to misuse this information for their own gain, if it really concerns you).
Did_You_Rike_It

Anyone at all may I ask?

What does this little chip do?

Or is there any documentation of it perhaps? :(
RGB0b

Post by RGB0b »

Did_You_Rike_It wrote:Anyone at all may I ask?

Is this bitfunx? Or...would you prefer I call you by your British name?
mikechi2

Post by mikechi2 »

Since no one wants to actually help, I'll chime in. The mystery IC is this:

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... ND/2621409

Whilst 64DDs are relatively rare, this precision differential amplifier is needed to measure the motor position of the disk drive to ensure 100% compatibility.
Syntax

Post by Syntax »

retrorgb wrote:
Did_You_Rike_It wrote:Anyone at all may I ask?

Is this bitfunx? Or...would you prefer I call you by your British name?
Lol, seems keen as to clone it, just as the new revision is being tested.
Did_You_Rike_It

retrorgb wrote:Is this bitfunx? Or...would you prefer I call you by your British name?
I'm sorry I'm quite confused, I don't understand this at all :(
mikechi2 wrote:Since no one wants to actually help, I'll chime in. The mystery IC is this:

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/ ... ND/2621409

Whilst 64DDs are relatively rare, this precision differential amplifier is needed to measure the motor position of the disk drive to ensure 100% compatibility.
Mateee, that's amazing, I can only thank you so much.
I did have an inkling it was an amplifier (since it looked quite similar to the RGB boards) but how do you know for sure it's the exact same one? (looking at the datasheet, the dimensions look a bit different...but could be my eyes) .
And why the numbers on the chip different than this (might there be a reason)?

However, I don't quite get your 64DD statement and its relevance to UltraHDMI?
Syntax wrote:
retrorgb wrote:
Did_You_Rike_It wrote: Lol, seems keen as to clone it, just as the new revision is being tested.
I've explained before, there is no cloning involved. I wouldn't know where to begin if that were the case. :(