shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:21 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: X Station PS1 ODE
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:21 pm 

Kez wrote:
Okay, I tested this out and it worked fine for me.
In XStation menu:
Press O for Multidisc on Disc 1 of Star Wars RA2
Press O on Disc 2
Now the discs have a "1" and "2" next to them
Press X for done, then X again for fast load.

Then I booted the game, entered a passcode, tried to play level 15 and was prompted to change disc.
Opened tray, closed tray and then it checked the new "disc" and everything worked.

I tried it with full load as well and that also worked.

Do you have a PSDigital?

hi, thx for testing also. No I don't have a PSD installed just xstation via RGB Cable out.

Could this be a cold solder point on my Xstation installation or where could be the error located?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:46 pm 

Hmm.. very strange. It's possible that it's an installation issue but it is a weird way for it to manifest. I would investigate the lid switch further, maybe that is intermittent. Try holding the lid closed to see if it makes any difference, or manually actuating the lid switch with something.
On the BIOS screen for example, if you boot with the lid open and then close it, does it consistently then load the XStation menu?
You can also try making sure you have the latest firmware.

Also have you verified that the second disc actually works? Have you tried for example booting disc 2 and then switching to disc 1.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:01 pm 

Kez wrote:
Hmm.. very strange. It's possible that it's an installation issue but it is a weird way for it to manifest. I would investigate the lid switch further, maybe that is intermittent. Try holding the lid closed to see if it makes any difference, or manually actuating the lid switch with something.
On the BIOS screen for example, if you boot with the lid open and then close it, does it consistently then load the XStation menu?
You can also try making sure you have the latest firmware.

Also have you verified that the second disc actually works? Have you tried for example booting disc 2 and then switching to disc 1.

I'm sorry didn't test it enough its most dev. the LID switch. When they CD Tray is open it also directly starts into the Xstation Menu. Only if I take out the SD Card it gets to the Bios.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:14 pm 

So for some reason your lid switch is always showing "closed". Either the switch itself has failed short, or perhaps if a modder installed this they deliberately bridged the pins for some reason.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:28 pm 

Kez wrote:
So for some reason your lid switch is always showing "closed". Either the switch itself has failed short, or perhaps if a modder installed this they deliberately bridged the pins for some reason.

it seems that the Lidswitch has been soldered for a Magic Swap Trick. I didn't know that before :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:21 am 

jeffez wrote:
Kez wrote:
The short answer is yes, a DFO will fix that problem.

The games aren't running at 50hz. The vertical refresh is a multiple of the crystal which is different between PAL and NTSC machines. When playing NTSC games, the PS1 is in NTSC 'mode' but the crystal is very slightly slower, resulting in 59.28hz instead of 59.82hz. For most games this isn't a big deal but rhythm games are affected.

Thanks that's great to know. I might get a DFO anyway as they look like a cheap and fairly easy install.

Got a DFO from http://www.consolesunleashed.com. Works well and auto switches between PAL/NTSC depending on the game region. Also got the X-Reset mod. Both very cheap and easy to install. X-Reset doesn't even require any extra wires but is only for X-Station and PSIO consoles.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 276 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10