Can you Daisy Chain SCART Switches?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
erik343

Can you Daisy Chain SCART Switches?

Post by erik343 »

I am curious about daisy chaining multiples of the Shinybow 6x2 SCART Matrix Routing Swtiches (SB-5525): https://www.ani-av.com/shop/product_inf ... cts_id=199

I am going to have at most 12 consoles attached to two 6x2 SCART switches' inputs. Then, the output of these two 6x2 SCART switches will hook into the inputs of a 4x2 SCART switch. The output of the 4x2 SCART switch will then go into my Framemeister XRGB-mini. My Framemeister is currently hooked up to my new 4K TCL TV. Then, by selecting the inputs on the three SCART switches, I can select up to 12 RGB consoles.

Will this result in any input delay or loss of video quality? I am using this for RGB signals only, with no composite or s-video signals.

I am asking because I have more than six consoles that use RGB SCART!

Thanks.

Erik W.
Josh128

Re: Can you Daisy Chain SCART Switches?

Post by Josh128 »

I have a Keene SCART Commander daisychained from a Bandridge 5 port auto-switch, and into my TV. It works great.
erik343

Post by erik343 »

I found a switcher called the Hydra 16, it has 16 ports!

I am going to look into that later on...
erik343

Post by erik343 »

I talked to Shinybow support, and they said that daisy chaining up to two units will not result in signal degradation!

I am not sure if I like the Hydra's automatic switching or not?

EDIT: I was wrong, it has a manual switching mode!
Josh128

Post by Josh128 »

You definitely want auto-switching if you are connecting multiple sources. Its so nice, you just turn a console on, and boop, its there on your screen.
ldeveraux

Post by ldeveraux »

Did the Hydra have the option between manual and automatic like some others do? I thought it would be useful on mine, turned out I've never switched it manually. I guess I'm saying I second the suggestion for automatic.
erik343

Post by erik343 »

If I daisy chain two Shinybow 6x2 SCART Switchers, will there be any input lag at all as compared to having a direct connection to the Framemeister or having just one Shinybow Switcher?