Post by SAM »

I use the following to build myself a Joystick Controler for PC-Engine:

1x Hori Tekken 5 RAP Joystick Controler
1x Sanwa GT-Y Octagon guide for JLF Joystick
2x Sanwa OBSF-30RG (Red) Buttons
2x Sanwa OBSF-24 (Yellow) Buttons
6x Sanwa OBSM-30 Button Plug
2x E-Switch DPDT (3 positions, On-On-On) Toggle Switch
1x NEC PI-PD002 PC-Engine GamePad (2 buttons with Auto Fire)
And some wire.

It is a complete success!! :D

Photos
https://imgur.com/gallery/krDhj9b

I convet both the DPDT Toggle switches to SP3T. Then I use the now three positions toggle switches to control autofire speed (Off/Low/High) of the two buttons. :o

The Hori Tekken 5 RAP Joystick Controler is gutted, it PCB & all the buttones removed. I then swop the square guide with the Octagon one. Install the buttons and button plugs on the front plate. I then gutted the PC-ENgine GamePad, get its lead and PCB. Put that PCB inside the Tekken 5 Joystick, and do some wiring. :)

Then the Joystick controler for PC-Engine is completed. 8)
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*
PC Engine Fan X!

Re: Custom Built RAP Joystick Controler for PC-Engine

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

That's cool Sam. I have a PCE Core Grafx II hooked up to a Taito Egret II candy cab and use the on-board Sanwa controls on the control panel. Unfortunately, there's no access to the auto-fire feature though. Uses four push buttons for buttons I, II, Select and Start. I like how Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire looks on a 29" low-res arcade monitor setup.

I had the rare chance to play the TurboGrafx-16 arcade jamma pcb (placed inside a Dynamo upright arcade cabinet with a 19" low-res arcade monitor setup) back in March of 1990 at a local arcade joint. It was running a Turbo Chip card of Blazing Lazers (aka Gunhed in Japan). You'd insert a credit and press the green colored back-lit Start button to begin a new game session. After about 2 or 3 minutes of gameplay, the screen would freeze up with a loud chirp and require another credit inserted to continue your gaming session. If a credit wasn't inserted within a certain amount of time, it'd go back to showing the Blazing Lazers main title screen and subsquent demo stage runs afterwards. I never saw the TurboGrafx-16 arcade conversion cabinet again after that one time trying it out. Quite cool nevertheless.

The TurboGrafx-16 jamma pcb could accept both Japanese PC Engine Hu-Cards and American TurboGrafx-16 Turbo Chip cards in the cartridge slot without the need for a Hu-Card convertor needed whatsoever. How cool is that?

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
SAM

Re: Custom Built RAP Joystick Controler for PC-Engine

Post by SAM »

PC Engine Fan X! wrote:That's cool Sam. I have a PCE Core Grafx II hooked up to a Taito Egret II candy cab and use the on-board Sanwa controls on the control panel. Unfortunately, there's no access to the auto-fire feature though. Uses four push buttons for buttons I, II, Select and Start. I like how Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire looks on a 29" low-res arcade monitor setup.
I wish I have the space at home for a candy cab. But well, I am satisfy with my current setup of a 27" LCD Gaming Monitor with OSSC. No auto fire really hurt for some games.
PC Engine Fan X! wrote:The TurboGrafx-16 jamma pcb could accept both Japanese PC Engine Hu-Cards and American TurboGrafx-16 Turbo Chip cards in the cartridge slot without the need for a Hu-Card convertor needed whatsoever. How cool is that?
That's pretty cool, but I gusee they couldn't attached a CD-ROM, right?
*Meow* I am as serious as a cat could possible be. *Meow*