Samsung CB-232Z 9" CRT RGB MOD "Questions"

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
mbc01

Samsung CB-232Z 9" CRT RGB MOD "Questions"

Post by mbc01 »

Hey everyone, recently found this forum. digging the old theme :P

I recently acquired a Samsung CB-232Z 9" CRT which i intend to RGB mod,
This tv has AV input, however it doesnt have an OSD, only a physical display located on the top of the unit to indicate channels.

I have followed through the forums to see its indeed possible to mod a tv without an OSD to RGB, however you need to find the datasheets,
this is seeming impossible for me.

Im hoping some people here with more experince can lead my on the right direction.
Im waiting on a few more parts to come in through the post before i crack it open and start digging for a junglechip number *if any*

Here is a few pics of the unit.
Spoiler
matt

Re: Samsung CB-232Z 9" CRT RGB MOD "Questions"

Post by matt »

The first thing you should do is open the TV and look at the board. Without finding a schematic there's no other way to tell if it's moddable. There's no point in ordering supplies unless there's a chance it will work.

It's very unlikely that a TV with that layout would have a way to accept RGB, but stranger things have happened.
mbc01

Post by mbc01 »

matt wrote:The first thing you should do is open the TV and look at the board. Without finding a schematic there's no other way to tell if it's moddable. There's no point in ordering supplies unless there's a chance it will work.

It's very unlikely that a TV with that layout would have a way to accept RGB, but stranger things have happened.
The supplies are for other parts to this project. not all related to this RGB conversion.
i opened it up and found the junglechip
its a KA2154
https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf-file/3893 ... g/KA2154/1

Im not highly technical on datasheet pinouts. but from the looks of it. there is no rgb signals
What are your thoughts?
matt

Post by matt »

As expected, that chip has no inputs for RGB. S-Video may be possible but that's the best you could get.