I need help with my PVM

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
santiis2010

I need help with my PVM

Post by santiis2010 »

Guys i need help, i was trying to RGB mod my Trinitron and now i can't get any image, only horizontal or weird lines on the screen.
I checked that everything was install correctly but still having the same issue.

Maybe the Jungle Chip it's dead? bad ground? no Sync? idk what to do. It was working perfectly before i dissasebled and reassembled. I only soldered 3 cables in the RGB inut of the jungle chip, and 3 solder points in the board were ripped of by accident, but those point weren't connected to anything...

Any help will be apreciated.

buttersoft

Re: I need help with my PVM

Post by buttersoft »

Is that picture you show a stable image, or flickering like crazy? Is it possible you bumped or damaged or unplugged something else? Can you use a multimeter to tell if all the traces in the area are complete, and not just the ones you were playing with? Have you bridged something you shouldn't have? Can you double check what should be connected to what in that area by using the schematics in the service manual? Can you reflow the jungle pins nearby, especially those ones you've played with where the solder looks slightly nasty? Can you run the PVM open and get a long enough piece of dowel and while the set is running press gently around the area you've played with, to see if that has any effect? In that last case a can of freeze spray might do the same job, but i'd try both.