Sega console in 2020?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
donluca

Re: Sega console in 2020?

Post by donluca »

Huge opportunity missed.

I personally like the idea and even the "micro" size of the GG Micro, but, really, 4 games for each color? What if I like the Blue one and want to play games which are spanned over the other colors?

If this gets jailbroken I'll immediately jump on it, still.

Until then... my Gameboy Micro has served me well for all my GBA, Gameboy, GG and Master System needs.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

Sounding like the real Sega announcement is that they're launching an arcade cloud computing initiative: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/05/japanes ... ly-famitsu

Not sure how I feel about this, though I'm guessing it's mainly going to target games that aren't especially latency sensitive (e.g. not music games, fighting games, shmups).
Taiyaki

Post by Taiyaki »

I love the idea of a GG return, but wish the screen was same size as the original and not mini. Also this is likely not even going to go overseas cause most of the games are non translated rpg's (excellent ones though I might add).
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Ms. Tea wrote:Sounding like the real Sega announcement is that they're launching an arcade cloud computing initiative: https://www.gematsu.com/2020/05/japanes ... ly-famitsu

Not sure how I feel about this, though I'm guessing it's mainly going to target games that aren't especially latency sensitive (e.g. not music games, fighting games, shmups).
Yup, I guess they are planning some kind of game pass for arcades. My two cents, a suscription and you will get access to their games.
bobrocks95

Post by bobrocks95 »

Online access to arcade games from your home would be awesome, if that's what it is. I might be interpreting it wrong though? Maybe it's just cloud computing for arcades so the machines aren't as expensive?
PS1 Disc-Based Game ID BIOS patch for MemCard Pro and SD2PSX automatic VMC switching.
Ms. Tea

Post by Ms. Tea »

bobrocks95 wrote:Online access to arcade games from your home would be awesome, if that's what it is. I might be interpreting it wrong though? Maybe it's just cloud computing for arcades so the machines aren't as expensive?
Yeah, that's my reading too. Given there seems to be something about making use of arcade hardware in off-hours, it'd kinda make sense.
Bassa-Bassa

Post by Bassa-Bassa »

bobrocks95 wrote:Maybe it's just cloud computing for arcades so the machines aren't as expensive?
That alone can't be because it already exists.

Edit: nope. Seems All Net ver. 3 doesn't do cloud computing yet.
RIP-Felix

Post by RIP-Felix »

Well, if they partnered with that Google game thing that flopped (Stadia), that would rile up the gaming industry. Especially if it was an exclusivity deal. Google needs something like this to propel the platform, but Sega isn't that stupid...are they? Or is it really that stupid an idea?

Only 2 days to find out the inevitably anticlimactic scoop. It's defiantly not that tamagotchi GG. Seriously, I feel like it'll die if forget to play with it - which of course I will after 2 minutes of playing it. 1-inch screen? What, did someone at Sega want to test the market for mini consoles and find they were marketing it to the wrong species?...OMG...I TOTALLY JUST FIGURED OUT WHAT IT IS!

We are proud to introduce the...[wait for it]...SEGA SHRINK RAY
Leandro

Post by Leandro »

SEGA never fails to disappoint.

Enviado de meu moto g(6) usando o Tapatalk
FinalBaton

Post by FinalBaton »

fog gaming? will this be only available in Japan? and will only modern arcade machines be playable? or retro ones too?
-FM Synth & Black Metal-
heli

Post by heli »

If you can add roms then it would be better.
The mini-NES just sucks with 30 games and linux.
FPGA would be the better way to re-create the NES.

They only sell to people that dont know about the raspberry-pi.
You can forget about the mini dreamcast, cost to much processing-power.
bigbadboaz

Post by bigbadboaz »

heli wrote:They only sell to people that dont know about the raspberry-pi.
Wow, we haven't heard this at all in the last four years :roll:
Udderdude

Post by Udderdude »

Sega's got their head in the clouds .. :lol:
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

Udderdude wrote:Sega's got their head in the clouds .. :lol:
It is not that they just really got their mind fogged :wink:
Jokes aside, the industry is moving forward cloud gaming wether we like it or not and game preservation is going to get really nasty in the future. Shame