Should i buy this stick ?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
heli

Should i buy this stick ?

Post by heli »

I like to buy arcade stick, i have hori mini 4, it already broken, the joystick wont react on down or right sometime.
I am searching for a mayflash f300, or f500, they are not available.

Should i buy a Nacon Official Daija for 170 ?
Is it made in china ?

I dont want any hori again, and they also cost 150, is this nacon better ?
thanks
NoAffinity

Re: Should i buy this stick ?

Post by NoAffinity »

I dont know anything about those sticks, but for that price you can easily get a madcatz or qanba - a couple tried and true brands that are preferrrd by the community.

But, why not fix the stick you have? It sounds like the microswitches are failing. Are they replacebale, or is the joystick itself replaceable on your model - possibly with something like a sanwa or seimitsu? Repair/replace would be far less expensive and with th potential for an upgrade/improved performance.

Also - what platforms are you playing on?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Austin

Post by Austin »

With any arcade stick in this day and age, you typically get what you pay for. The Hori Mini Stick was something like $40 when it was available to me locally, so it doesn't surprise me that it began having issues (or that it even worked all that well to begin with).

I personally have two Hori RAP sticks, so I naturally recommend those to people. You can get good deals on them if you look in the right places (cheapest I saw was $115 at a local Micro Center back in December). The sticks and buttons feel good to me, the base of the unit is the perfect width for my setup and the handle makes it easy to move from one setup to the next.

I don't have first-hand experience with the mid to high tier Qanbas or Razers ($150+), but I've heard great things about them. In that range they generally all seem to be great out of the box, but also easy to mod if you want to swap parts, like the RAP models by Hori. Do some research and see what looks the most appealing to you.

If you use sticks regularly, paying decent money for a good one is one of the best investments you will ever make in this hobby.
heli

Post by heli »

I am playing on PS3 + PS4.

Yes i have the hori for 30,-
The size is good for me, small so its portable and can easy place on couch or lap without needing a table or ground.
I got used to it, my hands wont hurt and i have a different playstyle ( not better btw. )
When going back to D-pad now my hands feel tired, i,m used to luxury now.

The youtube movies say its a good stick, and this long hair guy telling he dont get payd for the review lolz.
Normally first thing the factory does is send to some youtubers for a good review.

Downside of this nacon stick is no autofire for neo geo games on raspi or some other games.
heli

Post by heli »

I have the stick, it is very nice.
Only problem is you can not assign bomb to many buttons, you might touch it and boom.
Very very sensitive, almost soft-touch.

The auto-fire function is very good : i lay tv remote on the fire button.

All good for €150,- shipped, recommended.