PS3 Controllers foam piece , 3D Printed replacement concept

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
s8n

PS3 Controllers foam piece , 3D Printed replacement concept

Post by s8n »

hi guys , i had a concept a few years ago and mentioned it to a Youtuber with a 3D Printer. He didn't respond so i thought it wasn't a good idea or whatever , but lately i've been buying broken PS3 Controllers for the Thumbsticks and i keep coming across the same fault which the button inputs go mental. Quite simply the foam pad that presses the Ribbon Circuit Board and the main PCB Contacts together don't sit flush anymore and make good contact.

i will mention my concept and put it out there , simply design a 3D Printed Plastic piece and remove the original Sony foam piece as a permanent fix. I will leave it at that , if you guys want to talk it up feel free.
Lawfer

Re: PS3 Controllers foam piece , 3D Printed replacement conc

Post by Lawfer »

PS3 controllers have a lot of counterfeit floating around, they are almost indistinguishable from official ones (at least from the outside), also PS3 SIXAXIS controllers had terrible sticks with horrible drifting issues.
Kez

Re: PS3 Controllers foam piece , 3D Printed replacement conc

Post by Kez »

Lawfer wrote:PS3 controllers have a lot of counterfeit floating around, they are almost indistinguishable from official ones (at least from the outside), also PS3 SIXAXIS controllers had terrible sticks with horrible drifting issues.
This is a huge frustration for me. The last three DS3's I've bought have been crap quality fakes. I've given up.