TurboGrafx RGB sync issue

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
tacameron

TurboGrafx RGB sync issue

Post by tacameron »

I have a TG16 and I bought the Chinese rgb mod board that has a md2 9 pin(revised version) on it when I use my RGC genesis 2 cable the image won't sync. But when I use HD retrovision genesis 2 cables it works perfect. Being sent through the rgb2comp then to a kv-36fv310. Thoughts?
Josh128

Re: TurboGrafx RGB sync issue

Post by Josh128 »

Bad cable or bad RGB2COMP? If the HDR cable works, then you obviously must have RGB and S outputting correctly. Were you able to test the signal levels your console it putting out? Its possible its putting out too high or too low of a level for the RGB2COMP, but the HDR cable is able to work with it.
tacameron

Post by tacameron »

I've tried multiple RGC genesis 2 cables and they work fine on the genesis 2.. rgb2comp works with all other systems... i can see maybe that the console is putting out the wrong signal.
Kez

Post by Kez »

HDR cables use composite video as sync. What type of RGC cable do you have?
tacameron

Post by tacameron »

Kez

Post by Kez »

Okay well it sounds like your TG16 uses either composite video or at least 75 ohm csync. There is a resistor in that cable which is probably making your sync level too low.
tacameron

Post by tacameron »

I will do some digging around to see if that's true and hopefully I can find that resistor on the board to remove i don't like modifying my cables so they stay universal