Help - question - DVI with 3.5mm audio jack to HDMI to TV

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
SNK-NEO-GEO

Help - question - DVI with 3.5mm audio jack to HDMI to TV

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

Hello there..
I have a TTX2 system (a PC) with DVI video output and the audio output is 3.5mm jack (green). I want to connect this to a TV using HDMI. Is there a cable with one end having male DVI and a 3.5mm jack that can carry the audio and has HDMI on the other end of the cable. something like this, DVI+3.5mm jack <-> HDMI. thanks..
The Future Is Now
Dochartaigh

Re: Help - question - DVI with 3.5mm audio jack to HDMI to T

Post by Dochartaigh »

SNK-NEO-GEO wrote:Hello there..
I have a TTX2 system (a PC) with DVI video output and the audio output is 3.5mm jack (green). I want to connect this to a TV using HDMI. Is there a cable with one end having male DVI and a 3.5mm jack that can carry the audio and has HDMI on the other end of the cable. something like this, DVI+3.5mm jack <-> HDMI. thanks..
I don't know of a cable, but a Kramer FC-49 is meant for DVI + 3.5mm audio to HDMI with embedded audio. Check the type of DVI though - there's analog and digital types.
Fudoh

Post by Fudoh »

A cable won't work, you need a converter box. US stock for those is pretty much depleted at the moment. You can usually find tons of these on Amazon or ebay. You can still still (just search for DVI HDMI AUDIO), but pay attention to the direction of the converter.
SNK-NEO-GEO

Post by SNK-NEO-GEO »

Great... thank you very much for the feedback all:)
The Future Is Now