Hantarex making my own Remote Adjustment Board?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
lettuce

Hantarex making my own Remote Adjustment Board?

Post by lettuce »

So i have a Hantarex CT28 EQ CRT, which has the picture adjustments on the rear of the monitor case, they are difficult to reach around the back and fiddle with the pots each time i play a different system on the monitor, so im wonder is it easy enough to make my own Remote Adjustment Board harness?

Is it as easy as getting a biscuit board, some trimmer potentiometers and just tapping into the read solder pads of where the existing potentiomoters are on the pcb inside the monitor??
trivial

Re: Hantarex making my own Remote Adjustment Board?

Post by trivial »

You'd want their ranges to equal the existing pots' of course. I would personally probably rather lift the existing pots' legs from their PCB(s) because it would make re-soldering easier. If you didn't, you wouldn't expose the full adjustment range.

Also, shielding may be an issue. There are EMF fields with CRTs. Power handling might be an issue with tiny trimmer pots' brushes and carbon (?) donuts.
lettuce

Re: Hantarex making my own Remote Adjustment Board?

Post by lettuce »

trivial wrote:You'd want their ranges to equal the existing pots' of course. I would personally probably rather lift the existing pots' legs from their PCB(s) because it would make re-soldering easier. If you didn't, you wouldn't expose the full adjustment range.

Also, shielding may be an issue. There are EMF fields with CRTs. Power handling might be an issue with tiny trimmer pots' brushes and carbon (?) donuts.
Yeah i guess is i remove the exiting pots then i could use them on the biscuit board and then they'd all be the correct value. I do have the manual ill have to see if it says what each pot is rated at if im to buy new pots