Sharpscale - Native 960x544 Ouput on PSTV!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
BazookaBen

Re: Sharpscale - Native 960x544 Ouput on PSTV!

Post by BazookaBen »

Lux wrote:Playing around with this as I just got myself a Playstation TV yesterday. I noticed some tearing when playing PSP games, but as I didn't have a PSTV before I'd like to know if this was an issue before Sharpscale or not. I noticed the My Life in Gaming video mentions it, and it's talked about in the official Sharpscale thread on the CBPS Forums, though.
From what I read, a lot of PSP games never used vsync.
shroom2k wrote: a lot of input lag. It's different between games, but really noticeable in SOTN, for example.
That's because SOTN is running on the PSP's PS1 emulator. It lags on a real PSP too
Lux

Post by Lux »

Yeah, I tried the same PSP game (Wipeout Pulse) on my stock Vita and it was a tearing fest too, so nothing to do with Sharpscale. In fact I also saw a little on original PSP hardware, but way less bothersome. I'll have to try with other PSP games, as maybe this one is a bad example, but I might stay with PSP with component out rather than PSTV for this.

(Vita games with Sharpscale are very nice though)
Guspaz

Post by Guspaz »

BazookaBen wrote:That's because SOTN is running on the PSP's PS1 emulator. It lags on a real PSP too
Is the PSP actually emulating it? My understanding was that the PSP was at least partially running PS1 games in hardware since it uses a very similar processor (both 32-bit MIPS architectures from roughly the same era) to the PS1.
incrediblehark

Post by incrediblehark »

I noticed too much lag on my PSTV as well, ended up giving it to a friend because of this. Would have been cool to try out this new Sharpscale though.
BazookaBen

Post by BazookaBen »

incrediblehark wrote:I noticed too much lag on my PSTV as well, ended up giving it to a friend because of this. Would have been cool to try out this new Sharpscale though.
What were you playing? I played Wipeout 2048, Pulse, and Pure, and they all played great