NESRGB Jumper 8 - TTL vs 75ohm CSYNC w/ OSSC

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
maxtherabbit

Re: NESRGB Jumper 8 - TTL vs 75ohm CSYNC w/ OSSC

Post by maxtherabbit »

leonk wrote:
maxtherabbit wrote: that doesn't matter since the NESRGB has the series resistor in line before the pad

i.e. when you terminate the other end of it with 75-ohm it will drop at the pad as well
Not with PVM. PVM is already 75-ohm self terminating. Please re-read my post above. Going into PVM, CSync is 2Vpp. Not plugged in, it's >3Vpp. The drop you're talking about already occurred. Test done with system connected to PVM, playing game on screen.
I understand what you said, and I am not disputing that a drop occurred nor that the PVM is self-terminating

what I'm saying is that the value of the termination resistor in the PVM *specifically on the sync input* is a higher impedance than 75ohm
Ryoandr

Post by Ryoandr »

maxtherabbit wrote: what I'm saying is that the value of the termination resistor in the PVM *specifically on the sync input* is a higher impedance than 75ohm
No it's not, it's 75R like all other inputs

14L5
maxtherabbit

Post by maxtherabbit »

Ryoandr wrote:
maxtherabbit wrote: what I'm saying is that the value of the termination resistor in the PVM *specifically on the sync input* is a higher impedance than 75ohm
No it's not, it's 75R like all other inputs

14L5
alright I stand corrected, at least for the 14L5

I could swear some of them were high-Z like PC-CRT, but maybe I'm losing my mind