Extron CD 400 not detecting any inputs?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Crunchbacca

Extron CD 400 not detecting any inputs?

Post by Crunchbacca »

Howdy!
I've recently acquired an Extron CD 400 with the intention of running my CV and Y/C only sources (LD, VHS, unmodded N64/NES) on my Ikagemi HTM-1505RA1. Unfortunately, after hooking it up, it doesn't seem to recognize any signal I give it. Other than the power indicator and the range bar, the unit doesn't provide any feedback via lights to indicate if my button presses are recognized. In addition, the monitor itself shows no sign of receiving any video signal from the device.

I have used multiple sources and displays. I have tried both manual and automatic source selection. I have tried every combination of dip switch options. I have been keeping the video standard select to 5 for NTSC 60hz, though I have tried the others for good measure, considering the Ikagemi accepts PAL signals. I have kept the output sync set to HV as is appropriate for the RGBS signal the Ikagemi requires, though I did briefly try it set to H just to be sure I tried everything. The unit is connected directly to the display, and I have run sources to it both directly and through an extron crosspoint.

With ALL that established, I have had no luck and fear the unit may be defective. Does anyone have any insights on the situation? I know the CD 400 isn't used by a ton of people, but if anyone knows anything I don't I would be greatly appreciative.
Thanks in advance!