Custom Sticks Thread!!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
enjirube

Re: Custom Sticks Thread!!

Post by enjirube »

Thanks, the lock is actually a key switch which operates the xbox home button :)
死ぬがよい。
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

Very nice work -- those Tekken sticks are not very well suited for a first-time mod because of the soldered buttons and the metal tabs on the button holes, and also it's a very shallow case.

Did you have to make any modifications to get the LS-33 to fit?
enjirube

Post by enjirube »

Thanks a lot :mrgreen:

I must admit it wasn't easy and it wasn't a perfect mod. The actuator hit the bottom of the case so I had to grind it down to stop it happening.

Like I mentioned, I am looking for a PS360+ board or something similar for my next mod. Thinking about using an ls-56 as I am quite heavy handed and I heard these are much stiffer. I don't know where to pick one of those PS360+ boards here in the UK...
死ぬがよい。
ThEmperorIsDead

Post by ThEmperorIsDead »

That stick looks absolutely awesome, great work!
enjirube

Post by enjirube »

ThEmperorIsDead wrote:That stick looks absolutely awesome, great work!

I see that you are based in London too, any ideas where I can get one of those PS360+ PCBs for my next project :?:
死ぬがよい。
moh

Post by moh »

amazing craftsmanship, wow! :D
GaijinPunch wrote:Ketsui with suction cup.
enjirube

Post by enjirube »

moh wrote:amazing craftsmanship, wow! :D
Thanks, means a lot! :wink:
死ぬがよい。
ThEmperorIsDead

enjirube wrote:

I see that you are based in London too, any ideas where I can get one of those PS360+ PCBs for my next project :?:
Doesn't look like http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk have them. I usually get my pcb stuff from these guys in the states, they do have the ps360 boards: http://www.focusattack.com/categories/J ... arts/PCBs/
Delivery took about a week when I ordered a Multi Console Cthulhu couple of months ago, I got hit with £15 handling charge at the post office though. T_T
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Or get them directly from Akihabarashop? http://www.akihabarashop.jp/index.php?c ... 5cc433eebd
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
ThEmperorIsDead

Yeah, that might be better...hopefully you will avoid the handling charge with them.
matrigs

Post by matrigs »

finally some ls-33 love.

spread it.
ThEmperorIsDead

Anybody here like the LS-40? Been using one for ages and can't play with anything else now.
enjirube

Post by enjirube »

ThEmperorIsDead wrote:
enjirube wrote:

Doesn't look like http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk have them. I usually get my pcb stuff from these guys in the states, they do have the ps360 boards: http://www.focusattack.com/categories/J ... arts/PCBs/
Delivery took about a week when I ordered a Multi Console Cthulhu couple of months ago, I got hit with £15 handling charge at the post office though. T_T
I actually managed to get in touch with a guy named Gahrling from the shoryuken forums and he is going to sell me a PS360+ for £45. :)

Next stick mod pictures will be up before you know it guys. :mrgreen:
死ぬがよい。
ThEmperorIsDead

That's awesome, looking forward to seeing your next project. Have you decided on a theme?
enjirube

Post by enjirube »

ThEmperorIsDead wrote:That's awesome, looking forward to seeing your next project. Have you decided on a theme?
Yes actually I am going with a Dodonachi Saidaiojou theme. Going to be making the build in an artist's case.

I have just been working with a friend on the custom artwork but you will have to wait for the finished product. ;)

Theme is white and blue. Materials are:

Seimitsu LS 58-01
8x Clear Blue/White 30mm buttons (undecided)
2x chrome effect 24mm buttons (start/select)
Missile style toggle switch (home/guide)
PS360+ board
Blue 3m USB printer cable for connecting

Of course there will be some wire and crimps, some paint for the case and a lot of drilling.

Hope this one turns out well as the case is simply a wooden box. :wink:
死ぬがよい。
ThEmperorIsDead

Nice!...sounds like a plan, good luck with the build.
RoninBuddha

Post by RoninBuddha »

enjirube wrote:Hey guys, here is my first ever stick mod. Hope you enjoy it. :?

It's a conversion of the wifi tekken 5 stick into a mushimesama themed stick using a seimitsu ls-33 and seimitsu clear buttons with custom art.

I am thinking about adding a seimitsu ls-56 spring as I prefer a stiff throw.

Looking to buy a PS360+ for my next project if anyone knows where I can get one here in the UK :?:
I just wanna say enjirube, your mushihime mod has inspired me.
I recently did this mod pictured below, but the keylock switch gives me some ideas for when I do my second round of "additions" to this stick (LED and other miscellaneous excess haha)
more pics here

so if you don't mind, i'm gonna 'borrow' that idea for the keylock :3

also, I've modded a lot of HORI Fighting Stick EX2's for the 360, (those small white/green budget sticks that came out years ago), and those things are PAIN to get stuff right, its actually quite similar to those tekken6 wireless sticks. I did one with the ls-33 and yeah i did have to shorten the shaft's bottom part a little bit too so that it wont grind. Also, try an LS-55 spring as well, the 56's spring in an ls-33 sometimes grinds and "crunches" a bit when used which can be distracting, ls-55 spring is similarly tight.
Your mushihime theme mod is one of the coolest mods i've seen for these kinds of HORI arcade sticks. it's also your first mod, really impressive :D
KY
enjirube

Post by enjirube »

RoninBuddha wrote:

It's a conversion of the wifi tekken 5 stick into a mushimesama themed stick using a seimitsu ls-33 and seimitsu clear buttons with custom art.

Looking to buy a PS360+ for my next project if anyone knows where I can get one here in the UK :?:
I recently did this mod pictured below, but the keylock switch gives me some ideas for when I do my second round of "additions" to this stick (LED and other miscellaneous excess haha)
more pics here

so if you don't mind, i'm gonna 'borrow' that idea for the keylock :3

also, I've modded a lot of HORI Fighting Stick EX2's for the 360, (those small white/green budget sticks that came out years ago), and those things are PAIN to get stuff right, its actually quite similar to those tekken6 wireless sticks. I did one with the ls-33 and yeah i did have to shorten the shaft's bottom part a little bit too so that it wont grind. Also, try an LS-55 spring as well, the 56's spring in an ls-33 sometimes grinds and "crunches" a bit when used which can be distracting, ls-55 spring is similarly tight.
Your mushihime theme mod is one of the coolest mods i've seen for these kinds of HORI arcade sticks. it's also your first mod, really impressive :D
Oh man that is a sweet mod you have there yourself. 8) :!:

Please do use the keylock idea, I think it really gives the stick something. I also think that compared to what it looked like before:

it is a vast improvement.

My next stick mod will be finished before the official release of DDP:SDOJ so keep your eyes on this forums for pics of the project. :mrgreen:

Also I am very much going to take the ls-55 spring advice for putting in the ls-33, I am also going to grab an ls-56 spring for the ls-58 in my next mod and see which spring I prefer. :roll:
死ぬがよい。
shmuppyLove

Post by shmuppyLove »

I'm getting the modding bug again ... might be time to put an LS-33 into my Hori FS VX ...
ThEmperorIsDead

Thought I'd throw these up, nothing too clever. I did them a few years back when Arcade Forge first started doing the full size plexi's for the original TE sticks.
Both have LS-40's and PS-14's, the 360 stick has now got a MC Cthulhu installed using the select button hole for the RJ-45 pass through.
Nothing shmup related I'm afraid, just stuff I found on Mini Tokyo at the time....might swap out the art for something new....not sure.
mdsfx

Post by mdsfx »

I am not a graphic designer by any means, but i wanted to create some new art for my black fighstick pro, so here it is. I mocked up my art with the buttons i am using, clear rim / black plunger sanwas. Joystick will be a clear LS58 with clear sanwa balltop. The colored tiles each show a stage boss.

mdsfx

Post by mdsfx »

RoninBuddha wrote:

more pics here
Did you get those dust washers for the LS58 from Art at Tek Innovations? If so, what size did you order? He only specifies JLF and LS32 sizes...
RoninBuddha

Post by RoninBuddha »

mdsfx wrote: Did you get those dust washers for the LS58 from Art at Tek Innovations? If so, what size did you order? He only specifies JLF and LS32 sizes...
LS-58/56 are usable without shaft covers (remove them by disassembling the joystick shaft first), and they are the same height as JLF shaft, JLF shaft covers work on LS-58/56 which is what I did, they just go on top just like JLF's. I used JLF dustcover with shaftcover size :)

main reason I did this is that I dont like the "matte" look for seimitsu shaft covers for this stick I was modding. I prefer the JLF glossy plastic.

but also to note, JLF dustcover with shaftcover size is also usable in LS-56/58 with stock shaftcover.

lol wordy.
KY
mdsfx

Post by mdsfx »

RoninBuddha wrote:
mdsfx wrote: Did you get those dust washers for the LS58 from Art at Tek Innovations? If so, what size did you order? He only specifies JLF and LS32 sizes...
LS-58/56 are usable without shaft covers (remove them by disassembling the joystick shaft first), and they are the same height as JLF shaft, JLF shaft covers work on LS-58/56 which is what I did, they just go on top just like JLF's. I used JLF dustcover with shaftcover size :)

main reason I did this is that I dont like the "matte" look for seimitsu shaft covers for this stick I was modding. I prefer the JLF glossy plastic.

but also to note, JLF dustcover with shaftcover size is also usable in LS-56/58 with stock shaftcover.

lol wordy.
Perfect. Thanks for the info!
Lord of Pirates

Post by Lord of Pirates »

Nothing too special, just a TE-S with a PS360+ installed.
RoninBuddha

Post by RoninBuddha »

once again, i have to thank enjirube for this novel idea. I actually was able to apply it usefully.

So like heres the deal. One of my friend's sticks, a fully modded hori ex2, got stolen. since I had other ex2 cases around, I decided to build him another stick. To prevent future theft, somewhat, we installed a key lock switch which makes the stick unusable unless you have the proper key. It basically acts as a kill switch, if its off, the stick's buttons and joystick will not work. The overlay design is inspired by the Sony PVM/Trinitron. Modded with full Sanwa parts. This was built fast and quick, with a PS2 pcb, nothing fancy. Possibly pointless, once can easily rewire it, but hey, at least the keylock makes it more fun, right right? :D
KY
Thjodbjorn

Post by Thjodbjorn »

RoninBuddha wrote:once again, i have to thank enjirube for this novel idea. I actually was able to apply it usefully.

So like heres the deal. One of my friend's sticks, a fully modded hori ex2, got stolen. since I had other ex2 cases around, I decided to build him another stick. To prevent future theft, somewhat, we installed a key lock switch which makes the stick unusable unless you have the proper key. It basically acts as a kill switch, if its off, the stick's buttons and joystick will not work. The overlay design is inspired by the Sony PVM/Trinitron. Modded with full Sanwa parts. This was built fast and quick, with a PS2 pcb, nothing fancy. Possibly pointless, once can easily rewire it, but hey, at least the keylock makes it more fun, right right? :D
You're hibachi final on srk! :) nice touch with the key.
opt2not

Post by opt2not »

Some really slick looking sticks being posted lately...great stuff guys!
enjirube

Post by enjirube »

Hi Guys,

As promised to mark the release of DoDonPachi Saidaioujou I have completed my second arcade stick mod (although this was more a complete build). Once again not perfect but I am still learning and it is cool to have a stick that works on PC/XBOX and PS3.

I will let the pictures do the talking and if you have any questions please feel free to ask! :mrgreen:

Raw Materials:

The artist's case masked off ready to be painted white:

Drilling the holes:

Holes drilled:

Cutting out the artwork:

Stenciling a DDP bee onto the case:

Plexiglass on and buttons in position (note the missile switch for the home button):

Internal wiring, stick is powered by a PS360+ board:

Finished product:

Whole build took around 12 hours in total with a little help from a friend and I really love this stick, can't wait to try it out on Saidaioujou in a few weeks. :lol:
死ぬがよい。
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Bad ass. What kind of case is that?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.