Custom Sticks Thread!!

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Casey120

Re: Custom Sticks Thread!!

Post by Casey120 »

Agetec with Sanwa buttons and some art .

Two player control panel with illuminated buttons and Trackball for a multi game ( Mame ? ) woody bar top i have in the planning in the future :

Schrodinger's cat

Post by Schrodinger's cat »

^^^^ The two-player panel looks really nice.

I've been a long time lurker and this is my first post here, so hi everyone. I modded my T5 hori stick with the dual PCB mod (wired 360, ps2) this past summer and wanted to show it off here. The stick is an LS-32 and the buttons are all Seimitsu. The BG is promo art for the live-action 20th Century Boys movie.

Also... LEDs! I used the non-inverter LED mod mentioned in the light-up activation button mod SRK thread.

I took out the dark blue restrictor plate leaving the teal one in and it actually feels way better now. The corners don't feel as round anymore and the throw is just a tad longer, making it slightly less sensitive when tapping out directions. It's great because I'm definitely not running into bullets by accident as much anymore.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Those lit up buttons are very sexy. Much nicer then glowing all the time IMHO.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
t0yrobo

Post by t0yrobo »

Schrodinger's cat wrote:^^^^ The two-player panel looks really nice.

I've been a long time lurker and this is my first post here, so hi everyone. I modded my T5 hori stick with the dual PCB mod (wired 360, ps2) this past summer and wanted to show it off here. The stick is an LS-32 and the buttons are all Seimitsu. The BG is promo art for the live-action 20th Century Boys movie.

Also... LEDs! I used the non-inverter LED mod mentioned in the light-up activation button mod SRK thread.

I took out the dark blue restrictor plate leaving the teal one in and it actually feels way better now. The corners don't feel as round anymore and the throw is just a tad longer, making it slightly less sensitive when tapping out directions. It's great because I'm definitely not running into bullets by accident as much anymore.
Looks pretty nice, I've never gotten the motivation to mod my T5 stick. I am planning n putting together a 360/ps2 dual pcb, do you have any advice on that?
XBL - CountryGolden
drunkninja24

Post by drunkninja24 »

A new custom Xbox 360 stick:

Got a cheap used QCFgaming case from someone on SRK. Put in a Seimitsu LS-56 stick with Seimitsu PS-14-G buttons. Feels great for shmups on the system.
Schrodinger's cat

Post by Schrodinger's cat »

t0yrobo wrote:
Schrodinger's cat wrote: Looks pretty nice, I've never gotten the motivation to mod my T5 stick. I am planning n putting together a 360/ps2 dual pcb, do you have any advice on that?
There's a bunch of threads on SRK I could point you to:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=6769426 - Hori T5 Modding Tutorial
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=172666 - Dual-Modding a PS2 and Xbox 360 Stick
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=197388 - Padhacking an 08/09 Madcatz 4716 Common Ground Xbox Pad

Here's some general tips I can give you about the T5:
- Removing the original art is a bitch. Goo-gone will definitely help with all that adhesive residue that gets left over.
- You will most likely need to dremel out the tabs that keep the Hori buttons in place if you want to put new buttons in.
- The mounting plate for the Hori stick is too small for an LS-32. I used a flathead screwdriver and a hammer to pry that off, but be careful not to warp the metal around the weld points. Also, I didn't buy a mounting plate for the stick because I just drilled and countersunk holes directly onto the main metal plate to make the LS-32 screws fit and sit flush to it.
- There's a guy who sells plexis for T5 sticks and his work is pretty immaculate: http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbi ... x.cfm?loc=

It's a huge pain in the ass to mod the T5, but it's totally worth it in the end.
t0yrobo

Post by t0yrobo »

Thanks, I figured that's how to do a dual pcb but the tut on slagcoin didn't have any fancy pictures to look at so I wasn't totally sure. Luckily I have a box I'm putting together for it so I won't have to deal with my T5 stick, it's going to become my guest controller once I'm all finished.
XBL - CountryGolden
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

Man, you guys have done some awesome shit with your sticks! I'm not much into modding or taking apart arcade sticks yet, though I've done so with many music game controllers in the past. The only time I've taken mine apart is if they get broken :( I have 4 sticks for 360 and a few for other systems, but they're unmodified. I have worked on a friend's arcade machines in the past, so I'm pretty familiar with the technology, and you guys are definitely good at what you do, from the looks of the pictures in here.

This might be inappropriate, since they're not technically custom, but I'll post some of my stuff anyway. Just remove it if it is.

I decided to see how a wireless stick would work, and it actually turned out pretty well, though not very heavy or stable.

Those are my older sticks.
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
Alec

Post by Alec »

Just finished this sucker up, spare parts from like 3 separate projects. Came out better than I could have hoped.

HRAP EX SE PCB
Tekken 5 Case
Custom Panel bought right from these forums
Seimitsu Everythings

KONAMI LOVE
cools

Post by cools »

That Windy II art was a labour of love man - nice use of it :D
Alec

Post by Alec »

Thank you cools!!!
Aquas

Post by Aquas »

Yeah, I don't have a camera. HAHA! But it's an Hrap 1 Ver. B. I put in Sanwa buttons recently, those are the colors I chose. Ignore the smudges. :) I have a couple SoldnerX stickers on the left side, and a starmen.net sticker on the front side. Tee hee, stickers.
STG Weekly!, 1cc's, twitch, XBL: DJ Aquazition
The in-game papers prove that being the paperboy is actually a position of the greatest importance,
ranking alongside top elected officials for notoriety. -Ed Oscuro
elvis

Post by elvis »

Old projects from a few years back.

Plasia 1:
http://www.stickfreaks.com/stick_plasia1.php

Plasia 2:
http://www.stickfreaks.com/stick_plasia2.php

Twin Sticks I made for the 7th annual OzHadou Nationals (Aussie fighting game championships):
http://www.stickfreaks.com/stick_ohn7.php

Sadly insane working hours, three kids and poor health have prevented me from from continuing with these. I have another 23 sticks worth of laser-cut materials sitting in the shed untouched, which is a crying shame.
Last edited by elvis on Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pseudo

Post by pseudo »

how much would i have to pay one of you crazy fellers to make me a custom dreamcast stick with seimitsu parts? how about for just modding an agetec with seimitsu stuff?

thanks
VSM|Jailhouse
I'm a FGC guy who loves shmups but sucks and plays on and off
dementia

Post by dementia »

I made a PS3 stick based on a Genki Rockets

Image Image

It's wireless (gutted Sixaxis + Toodles' AXISdapter)
Seimitsu buttons and Sanwa stick.

I really like how it turned out. I use it mostly for fighters, hence the sanwa lever. For shmups I use my stock Agetec DC stick or my amazing HRAP EX-SE.
PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

pseudo wrote:how much would i have to pay one of you crazy fellers to make me a custom dreamcast stick with seimitsu parts? how about for just modding an agetec with seimitsu stuff?

thanks
I do have a modded Agetech DC Arcade Stick with all Seimitsu parts...well worth it to get it modded + special transcoder box for use with DC platform and Neo-Geo MVS/AES compatibility from the get-go as well.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
pseudo

Post by pseudo »

sweet
do you recommend anyone who could do the work? and how much do you think it would cost if i mailed an agetec shell (i have an agetec with only the pcb since i fucked it up trying to mod it myself LOL) and just asked for seimitsu stick/buttons, no custom artwork?
VSM|Jailhouse
I'm a FGC guy who loves shmups but sucks and plays on and off
Zapf

Post by Zapf »

If you're interested, theres a lot of people who do modding on srk's trade subforum, so you might want to inquire there. If you're just wanting to replace the buttons and stick, theres plenty of tutorials for it - its a very moddable stick
http://www.kowal.itcom.pl/ArcadeParts_pliki/modDCen.htm
ECZangief

Post by ECZangief »

I scored a SF Anniversary stick with a Happ P360 in it from a friend at a great price a few months ago. When it arrived I noticed it had the words "Big Pounda" etched into it, which I found to be hilarious. In order to complete the effect, I decided a very elegant and ironic ghetto mod was in order.

EPS21

Post by EPS21 »

My first ever attempt at a stick mod, made just a few days after its 360 port release. Default sanwa parts from the TE taken out for some Seimitsu stick and button action.
ImageImage
As you can see, those seimitsu cutouts are way off, it seems after even just a few hours of playing they'll rotate around from typical button mashing, might have to reopen them and stick some tape on the bottom of em. Overall I think it turned out nicely, was going to paint the sides a green/turquoise but the white looks decent as well so may just leave it as-is.
monouchi

Post by monouchi »

EPS21 wrote:My first ever attempt at a stick mod, made just a few days after its 360 port release. Default sanwa parts from the TE taken out for some Seimitsu stick and button action.
As you can see, those seimitsu cutouts are way off, it seems after even just a few hours of playing they'll rotate around from typical button mashing, might have to reopen them and stick some tape on the bottom of em. Overall I think it turned out nicely, was going to paint the sides a green/turquoise but the white looks decent as well so may just leave it as-is.
Looks very nice.
So the cutouts rotate... thanks for the info, I will do this myself on a TE stick soon, gonna put some glue behind the cutouts then.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

EPS21 wrote:My first ever attempt at a stick mod, made just a few days after its 360 port release. Default sanwa parts from the TE taken out for some Seimitsu stick and button action.
Did you fab a new top? If not, how did you deal with the excess button holes?
EPS21

Post by EPS21 »

Damocles wrote:
Did you fab a new top? If not, how did you deal with the excess button holes?
Nah I didn't use the original panel, just bought a precut one from arts hobbies, popped the art underneath and was good to go. The original panel as you may or may not know is a printed acryllic plastered on the metal panel/mounting plate; you'll need a new cut acryllic panel if you want to do any custom art on these.
Damocles

Post by Damocles »

That's awesome. I've been screwing around with custom printing at Kinko's for a few years. Art's sure beats the hell out of that.
rtdzign

Post by rtdzign »

Originally a PC-Engine/TG-16 Stick

Later Updated with Project boxes and DB 15 port to work with pictured consoles.

emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Awesome book-stick! :lol:
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Animaitor

Post by Animaitor »

rtdzign wrote:Originally a PC-Engine/TG-16 Stick
What the... pretty funny man!! haha Good job. Next time use LOTR, you might have more room to work with!
xavierjesus wrote:Fcuking love sticks made from random objects. I'm off now actually to buy a plastic vagina...
SGGG2

Post by SGGG2 »

Cthulhu board
Plexi by Art
Design by me
Print by Mame marquees
Vinyl Dye
JLF +LS-32 spring
Sanwa buttons
Going to add Xbox PCB, RJ-45
KBZ

Post by KBZ »

wow, awesome art
=/
xavierjesus

Post by xavierjesus »

Some nice new shizzle...

Props re the Windy artwork & black Agetec finish...however, book stick fer teh win tae fook cap'n!

BUT - it shoulda been a Bible :D

Fcuking love sticks made from random objects. I'm off now actually to buy a plastic vagina...