shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:16 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Saturn Mission Stick (Japanese)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:29 pm 

Hey, I was wondering if anyone on this board has any experience with the Saturn Mission Stick?

I bought a Japanese one of these a year or two back, and used it a little. It seems to have no deadzone at all. When the stick is neutral, it just kinda shakes and wobbles constantly. So for example in Space Harrier, Harrier is just wobbling and shaking in the middle of the screen. In Panzer Dragoon, the whole screen vibrates as a result of this which is really irritating. Obviously it's not a total dealbreaker and doesn't render games unplayable, but I am a bit of a perfectionist and I find it annoying and distracting.

So has anyone else experienced this? Perhaps the Japanese stick is different from the USA version somehow? Or do they all just do this?

I'd also be open to suggestions to improve it with modding.. I wondered about replacing the spring for a thicker one.

Thanks

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Saturn Mission Stick (Japanese)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:14 am 

I just received a JP mission stick in the mail. It seems a slight bit shaky, but it doesn't seem to register inputs on its own and the space harrier stays put when the stick is in a neutral position.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:57 am 

Hmm, okay thanks for letting me know. Maybe mine is just a dud, then.. or the spring is worn. I'll post a video at some point to better show what I am talking about.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:27 am 

It looks like the US stick is slightly different, though. The base with buttons is the same (aside from the color), but the B and C buttons on top of the stick on are much larger. The trigger button looks like it might be fatter too.

Offline Profile