Ikegami tm20-80R and rgb sega

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Jamesapp2008

Ikegami tm20-80R and rgb sega

Post by Jamesapp2008 »

Hello

I’m trying to play a sega genesis console with an rgb ikegami tm20-80r monitor.

After fooling around with the settings I got the game to play. I have a spider man cartridge in. First thing I did was blow on the place where the cartridge goes in. Didn’t know that’s a known problem. Anyway I had a long time where some of the video on my ikegami monitor was off screen, the video looked good just not centered. Not sure what I did but I have the video on the screen now. But it’s still not truly centered.

When I put on the cross hatch test pattern there is a blank area on the right. I’ve fooled around with the preset button with no luck. I usually set like h. Cent, v. Cent, h. Phase etc at 50%but have fooled around with other values with no success on getting a truly centered picture.

I wondered if anyone with an ikegami tm20-80r or experience with the monitor could tell me what is wrong?

I’m using an rgb scart sync BNC connector I bought online. And like I said the video looks good. But wonder if there is a setting like to center the video or take up the full screen of the monitor?

Any help would be appreciated?

btw I’m new here
jamon1567

Re: Ikegami tm20-80R and rgb sega

Post by jamon1567 »

If the test signals are also only half on the screen then the Genesis wouldn't be your issue. And if none of the menu adjustments center the image then I'm not sure what the issue may be. If you open up the left (if you're looking at the screen left) panel there should be a bunch of pots on the deflection board. You could try looking for anything there that looks like it may be related to the horizontal position and turn them to see what happens. I suppose it's also possible the yoke got jostled out of place, or something else that is beyond my knowledge. I'm curious though, how did you come upon the monitor? Was it working at one point, or did you just pick it up cold not knowing the condition?
hbard

Post by hbard »

This probably isn't it and its hard to tell without pictures but make sure your delay is set correctly. You can cycle through the 3-4 delay settings by pressing the Delay button above the Blue color toggle.
Jamesapp2008

Post by Jamesapp2008 »

I bought the monitor off eBay

I originally took it to a repair electronics guy

I had been watching dvds with composite video fine?

I’m planning on taking it back to my guy

Are you saying the pots on the left, the inside of the monitor? Maybe I can post a pic or two?
jamon1567

Post by jamon1567 »

Jamesapp2008 wrote:I bought the monitor off eBay

I originally took it to a repair electronics guy

I had been watching dvds with composite video fine?

I’m planning on taking it back to my guy

Are you saying the pots on the left, the inside of the monitor? Maybe I can post a pic or two?
Yes, on the inside on the deflection board. There are several in there for various settings. Did you try the delay as hbard suggested as well?
Jamesapp2008

Post by Jamesapp2008 »

I tried delay. Just hit it a couple of times.

I’m not really comfortable with opening the crt up. I have an electronics guy I can bring it to.

I just tried removing the rgb cables and put up one of the test patterns? I took a pic. How do I post a pic?