Sync issues on Ikegami HTM-2070R

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
jamon1567

Re: Sync issues on Ikegami HTM-2070R

Post by jamon1567 »

vol.2 wrote:
jamon1567 wrote: if I used one of those cables to just run G into the Extron for sync, I'd have no other way to actually pull the actual G line.

You would grab the composite output and put it through the G pin on the extron, and then just route the colors directly to your monitor using whatever adapter or cable made sense. That's what I understood SamIam to mean. It is also possible to just combine the G with composite sync. The extron should be able to strip the sync info out if your using the SOG setting. (althought I've never tried that, might want to ask Fudoh or someone about possible combiner circuits, etc)

As for s-video, to my knowledge there isn't, but I guess I should double check that.
It looks like you're right, no s-video. But they are extremely specific about the values of necessary inline capacitors and resistors. I'm assuming you already ensured you have all that stuff.

Note that you need the caps and resistors for the RGB lines which are 1.6Vpp, but nothing is required for the composite video signal (it's preterminated 75ohm)
Yea, the SSDS3 is all to spec, so were good there.
jamon1567

Re: Sync issues on Ikegami HTM-2070R

Post by jamon1567 »

Wanted to check back in and report that my issue has been resolved and I feel like a dummy for not just trying this a long time ago. Anyway, I did what SamIAm recommended and just bought one of the female BNC to VGA dongles and ran sync out from the SuperGrafx into the green input on the Extron, and then sync out from the Extron. I ran it through a crosspoint too, but I doubt that matters. All of those dongles I found said they were uni-directional, but as others have said, they obviously are not. After switching the SERR dip on the Extron it works fine now. So now all I need to do is find a Genesis 2 to BNC cable (used a scart cable and then a scart to BNC adapter to test) and I'm good.

Thanks to everyone who pitched in and I hope this and the dejitter finding is helpful to someone out there :D