Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:51 pm View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Re: Sync issues on Ikegami HTM-2070R
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:07 am 

SamIAm wrote:
I'm afraid I can't be of help with the pincushion adjustments. Sorry about that.

I'm curious about the custom cable you're having built. How will sound be connected?

One option would be to get a common Genesis 2 -> BNC cable with whatever connector for sound works best for you. You could take the RGB lines and connect them directly to your matrix switch, then take the sync line (no need for an LM1881 if you're using an SSD3) and connect it to the green line of this to run to the 160xi. Take the composite sync from that and link it up with the matrix switch, and there you go: the exact same thing I've got.

I've asked Retro Access if they can build a Genesis 2 --> dsub15 cable w/audio break outs, or a female scart --> dsub15 cable w/audio break outs. I also found that Retro Gaming Cables actually used to make a female scart version, so I emailed them just now as well. I would prefer to just have the Genesis 2 --> dsub15 since I only need to use the RGB 160xi with the SuperGrafx, but either would work. If I can't get a cable made, then I also see that a Sync Strike should work to get scart --> dsub15 --> Extron RGB as well.

As for using the cable you linked, it would cost more to buy that and a Genesis 2 BNC cable than the other solutions, as well as being less elegant, so I'll probably go with one of the other options. I guess that could be the backup plan though.

Last edited by jamon1567 on Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:16 am 

Yeah, whatever is cheaper and doesn't gum up your setup too much is probably best.

It may be negligible in this case, but just in principle, the fewer connections and the shorter the total cable length, the better the signal integrity will be. That's what I like about running RGB straight from the console to the matrix switch. Sync, on the other hand, is fine going through just about anything.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:23 am 

Looks like this would work for me as well. May actually just go this route as it'll prob be cheaper and quicker than ordering the Sync Strike. Either way, when I figure out what I'm gonna do I'll update this thread with results, and also provide an update on if the dejitter mod works on these monitors. Thanks for all the help!

Offline Profile